cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Create Disappeared

Quick Create Disappeared

We're using CE ver. 1.9.3.1 and today when working on a configurable product I clicked on Associated Products to add sizes but found that the Quick simple product creation section has completely disappeared. It's gone.  In it's place the Super product attributes configuration as moved up a notch. Create Simple Associated Product is still there but I'd rather use Quick Create.

I guess somehow Quick Create got turned off. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

image.png

Thanks for help!

Basti

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Quick Create Disappeared

After taking a deep dive into the Magento core code, I found the issue. I had 2 attributes for my products: color and size. The size and color attributes were only applied to "configurable products" not "simple products". Magento was requiring the associated "simple products" to have a color and size. When it found they didn't have them, it filtered them out - hence the "out of stock". What's extra confusing is why Magento was letting me choose color and size when creating associated products even though they weren't allowed to have these attributes.

Lesson: Make sure product attributes are applied to "simple products" in the Manage Attributes section of the admin.

Re: Quick Create Disappeared

image.png

This settings are the same like the other configurable products we created. After a Update of magento i think the "quick create" disappeared.... maybe that is the issue? that some kind of files are missing? Chrome Console dosent show any issues... 

Thank you for you reply.