cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related Products Disappeared

Related Products Disappeared

Hi

Pretty new to Magento, we seem to have an issue with related products showing.

We developed a site on a test development server, the related products show there in both the front and back end.

We migrated to a brand new server for launch but now the related products do not show at all.

I have cache turned off but have flushed it just in case.  I have re-index the site multiple times but the related products do not show in the product view, they are still linked in the back end though.

I have checked the code, it seems that for some reason, the /catalog/product/list/related.phtml is not being rendered, but this is specified in the layout xml file so I really am at a loss.

Would any one be able to offer any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Related Products Disappeared

1. Make sure that you have this file {magento_root}/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/related.phtml 
2. Make sure that you theme doesn't  override this file. Look if there are no errors and that it is not empty. Try to copy the content of  /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/related.phtml to this file of your theme.
3. Make sure that in this file {package}/{theme}/layout/catalog.xml you have THIS <block type="catalog/product_list_related" name="catalog.product.related" as="related_products" template="catalog/product/list/related.phtml" / code without errors
>

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/list/related.phtml exists

I have taken a copy of the file and put it in the same location within my theme and this does not seem to make any difference

The block appears in the catalog.xml file and does not have any errors - I have tried to make an error by breaking the PHP in the related.phtml but it does not break anything on the front end.

Any more ideas?

Is your code in version control? I would do a diff between dev and prod as step 1.

I am assuming your related products show up in the backend.

Can you do a full reindex without errors?

Are the dev and prod servers running on the same setup? Especially PHP versions.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

Hi There

I am having the same problem. I've had my Magento 1.7 site for 3 years now and all of a sudden, related products will not show up. They have disappeared from old products that had related products and also don't show up for new products I'm adding. Any advice for the non-web designer that's not all about coding? Anything I can do to fix this? This is my website http://www.heiressschaefer.com/ 

Thanks for any advice!