cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related products are not showing on front end

SOLVED

Related products are not showing on front end

Hi,

I am new Magento user. I am trying to add related products on our website but they do not seem to show on the front end? Can anyone help/advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Related products are not showing on front end

So no related products show, ever? One way of testing this is associated large swathes of products to see if you can get anything to show.

If nothing shows, then it could be that you're using a theme which doesn't display related products. To test this, I'd temporarily enable a default theme in Magento and see if something shows. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Are the product that you are adding to the related product section visible on their own, i.e. you can go to their own product page if you take the product URL key and apply it to the end of your store URL. If a product doesn't have the right visibility, it won't be included in the related products section, e.g. visibility is set to not visible individually. This would be the case if you try assigning simple product variants rather than the parent configurable/bundle/grouped product. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the advice. I have tried but still related product is not visible on the front end. It is showing the product that i added in related product on back end in 'recently viewed' instead. It looks like this feature (related products visibility on front end) is disabled in our settings or rule settings. 

Could you please help me how to enable this feature?

Many thanks.

So no related products show, ever? One way of testing this is associated large swathes of products to see if you can get anything to show.

If nothing shows, then it could be that you're using a theme which doesn't display related products. To test this, I'd temporarily enable a default theme in Magento and see if something shows. 

----

Thank you. 

I testet with Magento_Base and Magento_Luma, but "related products" are not showing at all.
Upselling works. I even used the exact same products in "related products" as I used in "upsell products" but it makes no difference. I cleared the cache of course.

I am using Magento 2.3.4.

For what it's worth I was experiencing the same issue and found when I ran the following M2 script, it cleared it up:

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

For good measure also ran:

php bin/magento cache:flush

It seemed that M2 just wasn't recognizing the new changes to the product. Also as an alternative, if running scripts isn't your thing, I understand you could also do the following though I can't verify 100% it works:

• Login to Admin
  • Go to System -> Index Management
  • Select All checkboxes
  • Select 'Reindex Data' from Actions selection list
  • Click Submit button

Cheers

There is no such function in the dropdown called 'Reindex Data'.

I tried it via CLI and flushed the cache afterwards, but still no luck.

I am on 2.4.2 Enterprise now btw

This post helped me out.

'Reindex Data' on all item then 'Flush Magento Cache' and done. The related products are showing again.

THX

(Magento 1.9.4.5 / current package: rwd)