cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHOPPING CART IS EMPTY

SHOPPING CART IS EMPTY

After clicking in add to cart button from any product i'm getting following error

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Click here to continue shopping.

Here is the log file error

exception 'Exception' with message 'No content found in files:
/home/goodguy5/public_html/skin/frontend/base/default/css/styles-ie8.css' in /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/Data.php:750
Stack trace:
#0 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Design/Package.php(727): Mage_Core_Helper_Data->mergeFiles(Array, '/home/goodguy5/...', false, Array, 'css')
#1 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Design/Package.php(678): Mage_Core_Model_Design_Package->_mergeFiles(Array, '/home/goodguy5/...', false, Array, 'css')
#2 [internal function]: Mage_Core_Model_Design_Package->getMergedCssUrl(Array)
#3 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php(277): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php(208): Mage_Page_Block_Html_Head->_prepareStaticAndSkinElements('<link rel="styl...', Array, Array, Array)
#5 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/design/frontend/ma_bonnie/ma_bonnie1/template/page/html/head.phtml(47): Mage_Page_Block_Html_Head->getCssJsHtml()
#6 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/goodguy5/...')
#7 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/ma_bon...')
#8 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#9 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#10 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(637): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#11 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(581): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('head', true)
#12 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/design/frontend/ma_bonnie/ma_bonnie1/template/page/1column.phtml(35): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('head')
#13 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/goodguy5/...')
#14 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/ma_bon...')
#15 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#16 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#17 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#19 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#20 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(132): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->prepareAndRender(1243, Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController), Object(Varien_Object))
#21 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#22 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#23 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#24 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#25 /home/goodguy5/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#26 /home/goodguy5/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#27 {main}

Help will be much appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: SHOPPING CART IS EMPTY

I'm very dissapointed that in this large community forum, still i didn't get any solution. Feeling upset.

Hi,

The error you mentioned (e.g. /home/goodguy5/public_html/skin/frontend/base/default/css/styles-ie8.css) is not likely to be related to the problem you're seeing.

To fix the error you just need to create the file mentioned above; it basically means you have (in your code/theme) a file called styles-ie8.css referenced and it does not exist.

With regards to the empty shopping cart issue.. I would start by looking at your cookie settings in your admin and seeing if they are correct. (System > Configuration > Web > Session Cookie Management).

If they look okay; then you should try disabling all extensions and testing again. If this still does not work; then I'm afraid its a case of you going to have to step through the core code to find out what is going wrong. (or hiring someone to do it)

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

maybe this error is occasional,please do it again and check the error happen again.  good luck

It is working after disabling a theme default ajax cart feature. Do you know how to fix ajax conflict?

I would advise finding out who made the ajax portion of the theme/module and contacting them for assistance.

If you don't know / can't find out its likely you'll need a developer to take a look at it for you.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

hello there

I'm having the same issue where did you go and disable this feature to make the site work

Any reply will be appreciated

Any solutions?

I am having the same issue: V1.9.1. Happening in all browsers IE, Safari, & Chrome & Firefox?

Error Message: 

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Click here to continue shopping.

Was working fine up until a few days ago? Any help wold be greatly appreciated! 

I'm having the same issue!

I've changed cookie settings, purged all cache, and no fixes. This just happened recently. Any fixes to this bug?