cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales email not sending

Sales email not sending

Hi,

I have 2 website flyathletic.com and awkathletics.com.  Both are hosted on the same server..  So i copied the flyathletic.com installation to the awkathletics.com installation with the plesk copy option in my plesk admin.  Both sites are working fine except:  My flyathletic.com installation was not sending the sales email when  I was testing the process.  So I found this solution:  

quick solution is:

Go to the following location:

app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php

Change Line 407

if ($this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue) {

to

if (!($this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue)) {

It will work.

It is working fine for the flyathletic.com installation but it is not working for the awkathletics.com installation.  even though it is the same site or a copy of same problem one solved with the solution i found and the other not working an not sending sales email.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sales email not sending

I would contact the host; did you check your host if you have Spam Filter On.

Hi,

In your second site you have to set proper cron job for sending queue email to make it working without any patch.

Thanks

jignesh aakoliya

How would i do that...  Thanks by the way

Hi,

@maxmars

I am assuming you have ssh access on your server.

Log in to the server via SSH. Run crontab -e command to add a cron task. If it asks you which editor to use just use nano. At this point you will see a text editor, where you can add or edit cron tasks. Go at the very bottom of the file and add:

*/5 * * * * /bin/sh /path/to/your/magento/site/root/cron.sh

Change the path to your Magento document root path.

Save the changes and close the file. If you did everything correctly, crontab -l command will show you the newly created task.

Do the small change in the file "Order.php" under the path <root>/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/

To: $mailer->send();

Yes - make sure cronjob is running and also make sure your server can send emails. This is also a great extension: https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/smtp-pro-email-free-custom-smtp-email.html

---
I'm a Magento Developer living in Melbourne, Australia with 4 x Magento certifications Smiley Happy