cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Submit Payment Module and Magento 1.9.2.4

Secure Submit Payment Module and Magento 1.9.2.4

Hi there,

I'm working on a 1.9.2.4 Community Edition store that was recently upgraded from 1.5.0.1. The skin was modified from the 1.5.0.1 skin due to time and budget constraints, and I cannot be sure if that is even the source of the issue. There is really nothing special about this magento install, except for the fact that it uses the Secure Submit payment module by Heartland Payment Systems - I'm guessing the latest version is 1.2.6. The skin would be the only 'wild card' I could think ok.

Anyway, you can take yourself through the entire order process on our site (onepage), get to step 5, enter the credit card number, and you move to step 6, where it the 'Submit Order' button. You click, and it changes for a moment says 'processing' and such, and then just goes back to it's original state as if nothing had been clicked at all.

Now, my tech and I did some checking, and from what I see - The Secure Submit module technically isn't compatible with 1.9.2.4, it's compatible with 1.9.2 however - as it says. Maybe that's a technicality, but it's a possibility all the same on why this isn't working.

We also ran through the possibility that this wasn't working because the site was running PHP 5.6, which is newer - and looking around - 5.5 seemed to have better compatibility. 

So here we are now, trying to figure out why Secure Submit won't work. We can process credit cards through paypal, but people are confused by their new system and don't want to use it (haha). I've tested orders with Paypal and they gone through 100%.

Is there something I'm missing here?

JonZ

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Secure Submit Payment Module and Magento 1.9.2.4

Hi @CinnamonSecrets, did you try using the Secure Submit Payment Module with the default 1.9.2.4 theme? That should let you know if the conflict is coming from the extension or the theme.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Well, I'm not exactly sure how to do that - But it does sound like a viable option. 

I do however, have experience in some other areas of IT... Magento is something I just started Smiley Wink

So my thought. My developer helper had installed the Secure Submit extension manually back when we were still 1.5.0.1 so that the site could still process orders for the time being.

My belief would be if I were to uninstall this manual copy and again try to install it on our new 1.9.2.4 Extension Manager, maybe it would work?

Because right now, I don't see Secure Submit anywhere in the listing of extensions of Magento Connect Manager.

Can someone help me understand how to do this?

I do have SSH experience, and I have access to both SFTP and SSH to remove whatever was installed when the connect manager was initially installed.

Well, I'm just going to try and find someone to take care of it. So close yet so far. Have a great evening! Smiley Happy

Hi @CinnamonSecrets, if you have a dev environment of your store you can just switch it to use the default theme instead. Under SystemConfigurationGeneral Design you'll see where you can set this. (Don't do this on prod or your customers will see the default theme.)

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 2.18.11 PM.png

Alternatively, you can setup a clean install of 1.9.2.4 with sample data and then install Secure Submit Payment extension there to test it.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical