cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Same Indexing for different websites in Google

SOLVED

Showing Same Indexing for different websites in Google

I have two websites in same store on Magento ver. 1.9.3.0. The main issue is that website A is showing caching and indexing of website B in Google. I have fetched all the main website pages in Google Webmaster of website A but it is still showing caching and indexing of website B.

I have also shared the screenshot that how Google consider website A. Is there any way to get rid of this issue. Image1Image1Thanks,

Manjay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Showing Same Indexing for different websites in Google

There are two ways that I can think of the site2.com content could be provided when you make a request for site1:

- Web server configuration for running site2 store in Magento is broken in certain circumstances so it returns the default store, i.e. site1

- A custom full page cache solution is somehow caching content from the wrong site. I think this is the less likely cause because most caching solutions are URL specific. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi manjay, I think I've responded to one of your other threads. As far as I'm aware, this can only happen if that site 2 content is responded from a site 1 URL. It suggests to me that there's something wrong with your server configuration for instantiating each store within your Magento installation.  How have you gone about doing this?

One other idea is a bad caching solution. Do you have any full page caching solutions in place?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Yes Tom, I have accepted your solution of my last query https://community.magento.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Duplicate-Sitemap-xml-file-Issue-on-Magento-ver-1-... Thanks for that.

Please find my reply below:

- this can only happen if that site 2 content is responded from a site 1 URL.

I have 2 websites in same store, almost all products are same but they are having different languages and locations. Is this the cause for showing indexing and caching of site 2. 

I have deleted all the cache from the cache management. And I am not using any other extension for caching solutions. Could you please elaborate this point "One other idea is a bad caching solution. Do you have any full page caching solutions in place?"

I would be very thankful to you if I get the solution as this issue is hurting my online presence in Google.

There are two ways that I can think of the site2.com content could be provided when you make a request for site1:

- Web server configuration for running site2 store in Magento is broken in certain circumstances so it returns the default store, i.e. site1

- A custom full page cache solution is somehow caching content from the wrong site. I think this is the less likely cause because most caching solutions are URL specific. 

----