cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some categories don't save

Some categories don't save

I was trying to update some categories, and a few of them won't save. Not all, but some. When I click on Save Category it just spins and spins.

I've tried repairing the database, thinking maybe it was a currupiton problem, but I get  "The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair" for each table.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Some categories don't save

Unfortunately I've been getting this in a way too.... However mine actually save, but the page itself doesn't refresh.  The Please Wait box with the spinning wheel never goes away and you can't click on anything until you manually refresh it.  It's annoying having to manually refresh it every time a change is made.

Yes mine doesn't save. I'm only trying to change the "Is Anchor" field and it spins and spins. When I manually refresh it I see that it never saved.

could you please look into magento error log?

or php error log?

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

I turned them on, but there are still no Magento log files in /var/log (in fact there is no subfolder "log" yet).

Nothing in the PHP error_log file either, except some stuff relating to the cron. I turned off the cron and will look at that later.

I've also noticed that the "new" product filter isn't working either on the home page. I don't know if these are related issues or not...

@mcpacific

set max_input_vars =10000 from .htacess

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

i guess if only he has more than 1000 products or options in categry?

if you have spinner running, could you please look into browsers console, there must be response error message and status.

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

I did that by editing the php.ini file, but it had no impact on the problem.

I have a similar issue, 

I can delete Categories but I cannot create new ones. As mcpacific mention the spinning gif just goes on forever.