cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit/create user in Magento 1.8 admin panel

Unable to edit/create user in Magento 1.8 admin panel

Hi,

I am Unable to edit/create user in Magento 1.8 admin panel. Steps to replicate issue is. If I go to Magento admin then System > Permissions > Users and click any of user I am getting blank page insted of user form as shown in the screenshot at http://ekabyte.com/magento.jpg . Kindly help me to resolve this.

Regards,

Krishnaprasad PB

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Unable to edit/create user in Magento 1.8 admin panel

Hi,

If you're getting a blank page it's likely a PHP error somewhere.

Can you check in your servers error logs and see if there is anything in there?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

you can check the screenshot. this is not the blank page fully, actually there sould be user info forms, that forms got blank. pls suggest

Hi,

Still check your apache (or other server) error logs and also check your magento logs at var/log/exception.log to see if there is any info being output in there.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Also in server I could not see any error associated with that

exception log error as below. But i think its not related to my issue.

#7 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(73): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(144): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->initProductLayout(Object(Innoexts_Zone_Model_Catalog_Product), Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController))
#9 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(132): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->prepareAndRender(1587, Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController), Object(Varien_Object))
#10 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#11 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#12 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /var/www/html/index.php(90): Mage::run('', 'store')

Hi,

You're missing the first part of that error..

e.g your numbers at the start run from 7 - 15. - you need to post from the line before #0  and all the way to the end of that error.

Note that you might have multiple different exceptions too so it might be worth posting the last few.

Also - have you checked your browsers inspector to see if there are any javascript errors when trying to access the problem page? Does the Magento admin footer render too or does the page cut-off?

If it cuts off - view the source in the HTML.. what is the last thing that is output?

Magento admin footer is rendering fine. Only the middle of the page is not rendering.

Could you post the rest of the information from exception.log as mentioned above?

And also check for any Javascript exceptions in your browsers inspector.