cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update / Delete / Reset Attribute Values Via CSV

Update / Delete / Reset Attribute Values Via CSV

Hi,

I am trying to update current attribute values via CSV, my attributes already have values assigned to them and I want to either delete them or reset them back to no value. I have tried every different type of import but I can't seem to get it correct.

If I leave the value blank and upload the value doesn't change, even if I try all 3 upload options, amend, replace and delete.

This seems pretty poor if it can't be done via CSV I have over 12,000 and return attributes back to "no value" manually seems a bad way to do it.

Can anyone help shed some light on this please.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Update / Delete / Reset Attribute Values Via CSV

Hello.

I guess it is not possible via export/import.

I have found this case, where it can be solved with the help of script -
http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/34018/how-to-remove-a-products-attribute-value

If you don't have tech skills as an alternative you can use extension - Store Manager for Magento. It has multi-editor tool built-in, so using it you can do the task in following way:

- select goods to reset attribute values for

- open multi-editor

- if this drop-down attribute, from drop-down select empty value, if this text, just clear text and tick 'Update box'.

This works for products from 1 attribute set, so if you have a few sets, filter products by attribute set and then perform procedure.

Since it is basically one-time procedure you can perform it with free fully-functional trial of Store Manager app that you can download from my signature.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

How can i bulk import values of attributes

Hello @Jeeva Rathinam

Would you like to bulk import attribute options?

attribute options.png

or you need to assign attribute values to product?

magento attribute value assigned to product.png

Also of what Catalog input type are the attributes you want to bulk add values for?

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.