cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to 1.9.4.3 and 5.5 php Paypal is working credit card option won't go to next step

Updated to 1.9.4.3 and 5.5 php Paypal is working credit card option won't go to next step

Worked through other bugs after upgrading to 1.9.4.3. Ioncube was added to solve an issue with database. I thought everything was good but now customers can only checkout with Paypal. Credit card fill-in option appears to be ok and will even look at correctness of data entered in fields but won't try to process the payment or go to next step. It for example will tell you if your visa category matches the card numbers, etc... after hitting the button but won't process. I looked at other related threads and checked files such as info.phtml and methods.phtml to backup files that I have and they are unchanged. Is there another file I can provide or check contents of?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Updated to 1.9.4.3 and 5.5 php Paypal is working credit card option won't go to next step

Hello @kevin_rose 

Can you see any error in console?

Any error in system log or exception log or PayPal log?

Did you try PHP 7.2 as Magento 1.9.4.3 is supported.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Updated to 1.9.4.3 and 5.5 php Paypal is working credit card option won't go to next step

@kevin_rose please check the error on console or system.log

If you didn't find any logs then as suggested by @theMageComp try to upgrade php.

If not 7.2 then use atleast php 5.6

Thanks

Exception errors:

2019-11-26T04:00:44+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates.php:40
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates.php(40): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('\<html>\r\n\<head>\<...')
#1 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates.php(109): Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates->getFeedData('http://store.eb...')
#2 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates.php(95): Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates->_getUpdates('Ebizmarts_Globa...')
#3 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(22656): Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates->check(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#4 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(22629): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates), 'check', Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#5 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/app/Mage.php(451): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#6 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(14707): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#7 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action.php(167): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#8 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(14583): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#9 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(19080): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#10 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(18610): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(21663): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/app/Mage.php(687): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#13 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#14 {main}
2019-11-26T13:00:21+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Please select options for product.' in /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/app/Mage.php:598
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(10654): Mage::throwException('Please select o...')
#1 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/app/code/local/Amasty/Cart/controllers/AjaxController.php(34): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->addProduct(Object(Mango_Attributeswatches_Model_Catalog_Product), Array)
#2 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(14594): Amasty_Cart_AjaxController->indexAction()
#3 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(19080): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#4 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(18610): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(21663): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#6 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/app/Mage.php(687): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}

From System log:

2019-11-26T02:49:22+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Rest.php on line 230
2019-11-26T04:00:44+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 6: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 5 and body in /home/kmshooting9mm/public_html/includes/src/Ebizmarts_MageMonkey_Model_Feed_Updates.php on line 40

From console:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://paypalobjects.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.

If I enable the formkey validation in config/admin, the checkout shipping option won't move on to payment. It processes and then returns to shipping method so I've left that disabled. Wondering if whatever is causing that issue is related to payment issue?

Just to note, I've exhausted the forum solutions. I've ensured that checkout.xml is referencing info.phtml instead of methods.phtml. I've made sure the info.phtml includes proper coding regarding methods.phtml and ajax.

I also changed the fieldset code in payment.phtml to include checkout-payment-method-load coding.