cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using auto generated codes in automated email reminder rules

Using auto generated codes in automated email reminder rules

Hey guys,

I am looking at setting up an email for cart abandonment through magento using the automated email reminder rules and from every piece of documentation I've read online it says

I should be able to use the auto generated unique codes with this.

However when setting up the email reminder rule I can not select any shopping cart promotion rules that use the auto generation feature.

In fact when you set up an auto generated code theres a message under that says it will automatically unassign the code if used in email reminder rules.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 9.29.28 am.png

So is it possible to use unique coupons in cart abandonment emails sent through automated email reminder rules or do I really need to get myself an extension for such a simple task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Michael.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Using auto generated codes in automated email reminder rules

I'm not too familiar with this functionality. If we look at the documentation: http://docs.magento.com/m1/ee/user_guide/marketing/email-reminder-rules-create.html it's somewhat contradictory to the screenshot you show as it says this:

"The shopping cart rule that is associated with this email reminder. Reminder emails can promote a shopping cart price rule with or without a coupon. If a shopping cart price rule includes an auto-generated coupon, the reminder rule will generate a random, unique coupon code for each customer."

What happens if you create an email and let it untick the auto-generation. Does it definitely then only send a static coupon code? Or do some different options become available in the email reminder section?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!