cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions.

All of a sudden getting this error when opening up Magento Connect Manager:

If you wish to proceed downloading Magento packages online, please set all Magento folders to have writable permission for the web server user (example: apache) or set up FTP Connection on the Magento Connect Manager Settings tab.

When I click the settings tab the FTP Connection is dotted with nothing filled in. I have never had to do this before and its worked fine up until today. I have tried entering in what I think should be all of the FTP information (I use GoDaddy) and get a range of errors. It won't let me upload any extensions just keeps getting an error saying string is empty. Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be very helpful.

Web Developer/Marketing Expert
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Warning: Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions.

Tried to check your server memory.. you might no enough memory. hope it works in your end.

Re: Warning: Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions.

I was able to figure this out. I went into the file manager after hours of messing around and discovered that the download folder's permissions were somehow taken off. Once I restored permissions back to the downloader folder and refreshed it was working again! Smiley Happy

Web Developer/Marketing Expert