cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When registering in OnePage Checkout is routed to the empty cart - only chrome and opera

When registering in OnePage Checkout is routed to the empty cart - only chrome and opera

Hello everybody,
I have a big problem that apparently occurs only in Chrome / Opera. I use Magento 1.9.2.2. When registering in OnePage Checkout finally is routed to the empty cart (chackout / cart) rather than on the checkout /onepage/success.

But in Firefox and Internet Explorer it works beautifully.

I have seen some similar problems, but none that is equal. most seem to go back to session problems. I could verify the error in two systems on the same server. one page runs with ssl, the other not. I have already set session time to 86400.
Does anyone have ideas yet or tips?

greetings,
stefan

9 REPLIES 9

Re: When registering in OnePage Checkout is routed to the empty cart - only chrome and opera

Dear @Fischamhaken,

You need to debug to catch your problem by the way below:

1. Console on browser. You show click F12 on your browser and choose tab Network and check request when saveOrder on checkout page.

2. Enable system log on Magento site by enable system log in your backend -> System -> Configuration -> Developer -> Log Settings and select Enable as Yes.

After that, you can following the problem in the file: var/log/system.log.

www.advancedcheckout.com - www.stableaddon.com
One Step checkout extension - Social Login extension - Gift Card extension

Re: When registering in OnePage Checkout is routed to the empty cart - only chrome and opera

Hi Stefan,

We're having the same issue (though with a different extension) did you end up resolving your problem?

Hi Acheckout,

thank your for your answer. I tested this. But there appears neither a error in the chrome console, nor is there a error in the network timeline. And - amazingly there is also no error in the system.log! I tested the order with registering with prepaiment (german 'vorkasse') and via paypal. When submitting via Paypal, checkout redirects correctly to paypal, but paypal returns to the empty cart instead of thankyou page. I would be very grateful for more help to isolate the problem.

Cheers,

Stefan

Dear @Fischamhaken,

Are you using Paypal Standard or Paypal Express?

www.advancedcheckout.com - www.stableaddon.com
One Step checkout extension - Social Login extension - Gift Card extension

Hi,

I´m using the Standard Paypal Checkout of Magento 1.9.2.2 (with integrated Express Checkout). But that's not the point. Also on payment in advance is not passed to the ordering confirmation but to the empty cart. And its only in Chrome/Opera. I think its maybe a problem with sessionor something.

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Martin,

I still could not solve this problem... but although I tried different things. still no one seems to know an answer. I could notice that opera and chrome generally lose the session for login, checkout or add product to cart. if I delete the cookies in the browser, I can sign up. but after a short time, or unsubscribe after, no re-login is possible. There are 3! frontend cookies in browser available.

Do you have now found a solution?

Doleful,

Stefan

Just one update:

This is happening too and it just happens with SSL: Registered User can not log in with opera/chrome. If one enters username and pw, will be redirect to login page without any message. aterwards cart ist empty and nothing can be added to the shopping cart anymore...

i noticed three cookies with SSL: two times "frontend" and one "frontend_cid" .... 

Identical shopy without SSL is working... 

Cheers Stefan

Another update: Changing settings to "use only http" in Cookie settings solved the problem. But now cookies are not SSL secured. all this problems with ssl and webkit browsers are horrible.

cheers,

Stefan

thanks stephan, that's solved my problem