cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data entered: killed access to Admin Panel

SOLVED

Wrong data entered: killed access to Admin Panel

By mistake, I entered "1" as data in Admin-Panel_Configuration_Web_Session Cookie Management_Cookie-Lifetime. As result of this, I am no longer able to login in Admin Panel, as it disconnects almost inmediately after entering, not allowing time for entering the right data. Grateful for any indication on where I can modify the data to the default 3,600 to make the Admin Panel accessible again.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wrong data entered: killed access to Admin Panel

You can change the value directly in the database by running the following query:

UPDATE core_config_data SET value=3600 WHERE path='admin/security/session_cookie_lifetime';

You can use a tool such as phpMyAdmin or the mysql command-line interface to execute the query.

If you need to change the cookie lifetime affecting the frontend, you also need to run this query:

UPDATE core_config_data SET value=3600 WHERE path='web/cookie/cookie_lifetime';

I hope this helps! 

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can change the value directly in the database by running the following query:

UPDATE core_config_data SET value=3600 WHERE path='admin/security/session_cookie_lifetime';

You can use a tool such as phpMyAdmin or the mysql command-line interface to execute the query.

If you need to change the cookie lifetime affecting the frontend, you also need to run this query:

UPDATE core_config_data SET value=3600 WHERE path='web/cookie/cookie_lifetime';

I hope this helps! 

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

Thanks a lot, SindreM. Problem solved.

Best regards.