cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't login to magento connect manager

can't login to magento connect manager

I have a Magento CE1.9.1.1 installation running on a server that is accessed via two different domains:

live1.example1.com
live2.example2.com

Using vhosts, the root paths look something like:

/magento/live1
/magento/live2

The folders all have symlinks pointing to app, downloader, includes, js, lib, media, skin, var; which are all located under /magento, as well as appropriate .htaccess and index.php files that load two different stores. The admin is accessed via live1.example1.com/admin as this is listed as the default base URL. I need to test and launch a few new extensions and didn't want to work off the live site. So instead I copied the files and DBs to a new server and have subdomains (same domain) set up as such (with the same root paths via vhosts):

dev1.example.com
dev2.example.com

I made the appropriate DB changes so that the base URLs for each of the stores are fixed, and both stores seem to run just fine.

The trouble is that I can't seem to access Connect Manager. Navigating to dev1.example.com/downloader or dev2.example.com/downloader gives me a login page. But when I enter credentials I'm redirected to /downloader/index.php?A= with no error message. Even stranger, I notice that this is true when I try logging in live via live1.example1.com/downloader. When I try logging into live2.example2.com/downloader, it works.

Following advice I found elsewhere, I tried deleting cache.cfg and connect.cfg in the downloader folder on the dev server (and cleared the /var/cache and /var/session folders as well) to no avail. Nothing is popping up in Magento or PHP error logs.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

Re: can't login to magento connect manager

Try access using HTTP instead of HTTPS.