cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email not sending from orders (CE 1.9.2.3) - Exception in Mage_Sales_Model_Order

email not sending from orders (CE 1.9.2.3) - Exception in Mage_Sales_Model_Order

Hi,

I'm upgrading from previous Magento and when i doing an order email is not sent.

Looking at exception.log i see an exception at module Mage_Sales_Model_Order in Onepage.php but i don't know to solve it or find the source of the problem. 

2016-09-01T17:58:31+00:00 ERR (3): 
exception 'Varien_Exception' with message 'Invalid method Mage_Sales_Model_Order::queueNewOrderEmail(Array
(
)
)' in /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/lib/Varien/Object.php:653
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(841): Varien_Object->__call('queueNewOrderEm...', Array)
#1 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(841): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->queueNewOrderEmail()
#2 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(579): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#3 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#4 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveOrder')
#5 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#8 /var/www/dev.myweb.com/htdocs/index.php(85): Mage::run('', 'store')
#9 {main}

I appreciate any comments that may help me find the problem.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: email not sending from orders (CE 1.9.2.3) - Exception in Mage_Sales_Model_Order

Nobody has anything to say or suggest?  Man Frustrated

Re: email not sending from orders (CE 1.9.2.3) - Exception in Mage_Sales_Model_Order

Its problem with Cron job setup so email order isnt sending. You can setup it on your hosting provider. You can install this extension also: https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/aoe-scheduler.html

It will help you with cron setup better.

P/s: If you want to it works directly that you can visit this link for test: http://yoursite.com/cron.php

Regards, SmileadeR !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magento Tips & Tricks

Hi @smileader

No problem whith cron, because this shop has multistore/multilanguage configuration and email is sent in some languages, but not send in others.

Thanks, also, for your advice.

So you can check it with registering a new account, if its working good so it will be problem with order email only.

If its problem with order email in log errors, i think you're missing funtion queueNewOrderEmail (its sendNewOrderEmail function in older Magento version), it should be a function in location

app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php (or app/code/local/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php or it can be in third party module)

Maybe you don't have correct latest file there (you can check original/latest file for more details)

Good luck !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magento Tips & Tricks

Hi,

The problem is with all accounts. Smiley Frustrated

And the functions it's right.

/**
     * Send email with order data
     * @return Mage_Sales_Model_Order
     */
    public function sendNewOrderEmail()
    {
        $this->queueNewOrderEmail(true);
        return $this;
    }

How can i check if there a third party using this?

Hi,

Can you check if there is a function named queueNewOrderEmail in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php. It would be something that starts like the following.

/**
     * Queue email with new order data
     * @param bool $forceMode if true then email will be sent regardless of the fact that it was already sent previously
     * @return Mage_Sales_Model_Order
     * @throws Exception
     */
    public function queueNewOrderEmail($forceMode = false)
    {

If not, try replacing the current file with a copy from a fresh Magento 1.9.2.3

Yes, it's the same function. It is the original. It has nothing different. I think the problem is somewhere else, before reaching this point.

queueNewOrderEmail

I created a new store for the new language (each store has a language). I disabled the old shop and have enabled new. And now the problem is different, in all cases (all shops) when making the purchase, the last step "place order" is not completed. And there does not advance. Man Frustrated

Worst of all is that it shows no error screen, or system logs, nor any exception.

I'm desperate with this system. Smiley Frustrated

Captura.PNG

Any comments that could help me?  Smiley Indifferent

I can not place orders, not saved anything, and no Javascript error or php or magento logs appears.