cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

my magento shop Vers. 1.6.2.0 create every several days a file maintenance.flag and the shop is offline after this with error message

"Error 503: Service Unavailable"

i can rename or delete this file, and the shop is online again.

The problem is, i want to stop this .

I can´t check every day if my shop is online, so how to do the shop goes not in this maintenance mode or how to do the shop delete this maintenance.flag my yourself???

Best regards Vlad

3 REPLIES 3

Re: magento create every week a maintenance.flag and the shop is offline

1.6.2.0 is a pretty old version, but with more moderns versions I've noticed that similar issue can happen when you have automatic backup turned on.

Tanel Raja

Hi, thx for your reply. Can you tell me where in magento admin panel i can turn off the autmatic backup? (with step by step way to this option, pls)

It is possible my webspace provider makes this backups and it causes this maintenance.flag problem?

Best regards Vlad

I've personally never experienced such an issue nor am I on CE1.6, however to check if your automatic backup in Magento is configured (albeit in version CE1.9 for me, I assume it is located in the same place), you can log into your backend, and then go System > Configuration, and within that left side navigation, go to Advanced > System, and within that option you will find one labeled "Scheduled Backup Settings". There you can see if the option is enabled, and if it is, you can see if the option for setting the page into maintenance mode while doing the backup is selected as well. Hope this helps