cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

products not adding to parent category

products not adding to parent category

So i've tried to find a similar issue via google and this forum, but I cant. So I hope I can explain this correctly.

I have a 1.9.3.1 build of Magento. No edits to its core. Same issue on multiple test servers (local and two test sites). The issue has to do with products being added to categories. I add product "apple" to category "B". Category B is a sub category of category "A". However, apple dose not show up in category "A".

To make things stranger on another test going even deeper with sub categories I had an instance where the product showed in some of the parent categories but not all.

Ive attached two screen shots to better illustrate the issue (sorry forgot retina scaling).

Product added to 1234 and shown in all parents but ABCProduct added to 1234 and shown in all parents but ABCProduct added to E1 and not shown in any parentsProduct added to E1 and not shown in any parents

Any help or direction would help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: products not adding to parent category

Your screenshots aren't popping up.. If you could add them, it would at least make things easier to see from a graphical perspective.

Its uploaded to the Magento forums server; so its probably still syncing the images.

Thou I may have found the solution. In short. My categories are not setup as anchors. Still new to magento. Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for taking a look at my issue.

No issue John, good to see it's resolved.