cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create an Account" button not loading Create Account Page

"Create an Account" button not loading Create Account Page

I have an issue with my Login page, when I click the "Create an Account" button, instead of being taken to the account creation page I'm taken to the websites homepage. Looking at the code I can't see any obvious problems. Other issue's I've found online with account creation seem to be around the account creation page not submitting information, not the fact that they cannot get the page to load.

Looking at the inspector in firefox, when I click on the button it appears that there is a Status Code of "301 Moved Permanently".This isn't something I have intentionally done and I'm not sure what the cause could be, can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: "Create an Account" button not loading Create Account Page

Hi @theboyrossy 

If you recently upgraded your Magento version or applied security patches then you may be missing form key in your custom template file.

<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="form-validate" enctype="multipart/form-data">
        <div class="fieldset">
            <input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="<?php echo $this->getSuccessUrl() ?>" />
            <input type="hidden" name="error_url" value="<?php echo $this->getErrorUrl() ?>" />
            <input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />
---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: "Create an Account" button not loading Create Account Page

I was able to track down the issue, there was an erroneous line added in the .htaccess that was causing the page to not load and default back to the homepage. Got there in the end Smiley Happy