cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" in Magento 1.9.3.0

"SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" in Magento 1.9.3.0

I've only been able to find info regarding "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" in relation to Magento 2.

My install is a Magento ver. 1.9.3.0 hosted locally on Ampps.

When I try to Install New Extensions, I receive the "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" message.

This has only been happening since the upgrade from 1.9.2.4, it was working fine before that. Any ideas how to get around this?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" in Magento 1.9.3.0

Hi @jamieteamwork,

Personally, I don't recommend installing packages through the Magento Connect manager. You should always review the code before installing what you need to install on the platform.

One way to do this is by copying and pasting the extension key from Magento Connect on this website: http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

By doing that, you will be able to direct download the extension/language pack code and review it. Then you just have to install the extension like any other extension.

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate" in Magento 1.9.3.0

I don't know ... I usually make my code reviews AFTER I've installed the extension, using git status / git diff. Kind of makes more sense and leaves less room for oversights.

Tanel Raja

Hi @Pronto,

The problem with that is the extension that could run install and upgrade scripts if you load any page from Magento in the browser.

If you don't load any page, then you method is valid and it's interesting.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

That's exactly the reason why people have resettable development environments. Because confirming that database structure update works (if necessary) is part of the review process.

Tanel Raja

Absolutely, that is the "functional review". I was referring to the "code review" in my first reply.

Both are necessary, and there are several methods of moving forward with them.

but after it how to install the download file manually???

@Gabriel Guarino wrote:

Hi @jamieteamwork,

Personally, I don't recommend installing packages through the Magento Connect manager. You should always review the code before installing what you need to install on the platform.

One way to do this is by copying and pasting the extension key from Magento Connect on this website: http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

By doing that, you will be able to direct download the extension/language pack code and review it. Then you just have to install the extension like any other extension.

Best regards.

Gabriel