cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set always_populate_raw_post_data to -1 doesn't work

set always_populate_raw_post_data to -1 doesn't work

I got a big problem. When I first installed magento I got the error set always_populate_raw_post_data to -1, which I did and it worked.

Now I am trying to install some sample data into magento and for that I need to install plugin called Magento_CatalogSampleData. So when I am trying to install it I get the same error again that I got during the installation of the Magento application always_populate_raw_post_data to -1.

I have set it to always_populate_raw_post_data -1, both in the php.ini but also added php_value always_populate_raw_post_data -1 in the Apache2 config. But still get the same error during the readiness check.

How to solve this, I have no clue?

I have already  changed the php.ini in etc/php5/apache2 and have always_populate_raw_post_data 1 and also restarted the apache2 service but still, does not work...

1 REPLY 1

Re: set always_populate_raw_post_data to -1 doesn't work

I also have the same problem. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 apache and try to run system upgrade but got this error. I put the phpInfo.php file in the root of magento installation  to check witch php.ini file is loaded, and it is /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini. So, I set and uncomment always_populate_raw_post_data = -1 but still get the error. Then I did the same  for all php.ini files, restart apache, but did not help. Can anyone help, please...

EDIT:
Ok, I found where the problem was. Cron jobs was not properly configured, so updater read data from old cron result in var/.setup_cronjob_status.