cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssl installation

ssl installation

We are a very small business and paid quite a bit to have our website built in 2006 Magento CE 1.4). I was not in the picture back then but the developer built the site and then disappeared and no one had any idea that the system needed updates and maintenance. Needless to say there are some major issues. 

I was trying to update the ssl to keep it running until I finished the build out or Magento 2.x. I am an IT professional but not a web developer so I have been teaching myself along the way.

When I tried to install a new ssl from Godaddy it somehow crashed apache2 (on a LAMP stack) and now it will not restart with the error:

"PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt_bu.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mcrypt.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mcrypt.so: cannot op en shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/mcrypt.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/mcrypt.so: cannot op en shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Sep 17 2010 13:41:55)"

I am about to pull my hair out because when I Google these errors the answers just go in circles with no real resolution.

From what I can see on the upgrade path it should got from 1.4 to 1.7 then 1.9. Would this get us up and running quikly or is there a fix for the errors thrown? 

Any help is desperatly needed so is anyone up for a challenge?

Thank you in advance for any possible help.

Frank