cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding dropdown attributes to listing page

Adding dropdown attributes to listing page

Not sure if this is a theme/dersign question or programming question?

I have read many posts regarding attributes but cannot find a workable answer to this question. I assume this is a common requirement for many Magento users.

I have created configurable products - products are available in different weights with own pricing.

The drop down atttributes appear on the product details page, but I would like the dropdown attribute to appear under each product in the product listing page. Code for attribute is 'size'

Can anyone point me in the right direction of creating this or an extension that will work - unable to find anything.

Please note that I do not want to 'filter' results by this attribute as this makes no sense in this case.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Adding dropdown attributes to listing page

Hi

Are you trying to enable the customer to buy configurable products from the listing pages or just to show the available sizes?

There is a very good reason why Magento does not do this out of the box and that is due to the impact on speed. Loading all of the options is expensive and that would get a lot worse if you had lots of configurable products.

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thanks for your reply.

Ideally, each product would show drop down option (in my case only one attribute of size) and be able to click to either see more information or add to cart.

As a minimum I want to show size options.

I could just put this in the short description, ie available in xkg, xxkg etc, but trying to see if there is another solution.

The explanation about speed makes sense.

Thanks again.

Hi

There are many hudles to get over to allow you to add to cart directly from the listing page but in the interim, the following article should be of interest to you.

http://www.atwix.com/magento/configurable-product-options-category-view/

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thanks again for your reply.

In my case I'm not sure this really solves the problem I am trying to address.

I will continue to look for other options.

Thanks