cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories will not appear or disappear

Categories will not appear or disappear

I am running 1.9.4 and I have created a new category, however,  it will not show up on the front end, and I deleted a category and it will not disappear on the front end.  I have tried using the default template, and the template I am currently using, but it has made no difference.

Can someone please tell me why this would happen?  I tried deleting my cache wondering if it was a browser problem, but I have looked on many different computers and get the same results. I am enclosing a picture so you can see what I mean. In the front end the category "FEATURED CATEGORY"  is not in the back end anymore.  In the back end I have the category "Up to 50% off". 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Up to 50% Off categoryUp to 50% Off categoryFeatured JewelryFeatured Jewelry

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Categories will not appear or disappear

@sssteven4 try to do re-indexing and then check the results.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, I tried that and it didn't help.   I have tried renaming the the category but that didn't help either, the old name won't go away, and I renamed it back to what it was but now it doesn't work anymore either.  

I tried adding 2 categories and they do not show up. I cannot understand why this is happening, 

Anyone ever see this problem before? I

I have tried using different browsers and even different computers and the categories still do not look like they are changing.     

Can someone look on their computer and see if my categories have changed?  Thank you in advance.

https://ssjewels.com    The "FEATURED" category should be gone,and there should be a category .

Thank you,

Steven

@sssteven4 This is what shown here.

Screenshot 

Thanks

Yes, thank you.  I got it to work Saturday night.  I flushed all of the cache choices in the admin page and it seemed to have helped.

It was not computer browser, it was magento that was affecting new categories not showing up.

Thank you all for help.

Steven