cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tax text to VAT

SOLVED

Change Tax text to VAT

Is there a quick way to change the text Tax to VAT? 

I'd have thought there would be a quick way to do this via a text change in a XML file or via the admin or have i missed something???

As to me it seems counter productive to have the following, throughout the templates

__('Total Incl. Tax')

__('Total Excl. Tax')

The reason I'm asking is I've spent the last hour and manged to change the ones i require except one, which is this bit in grandtotal.phtml

<?php echo $this->renderTotals('taxes', $this->getColspan()); ?>

I've done a search for _('Tax') but unsure which one that I need to change??

The full code is in:

app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax\checkout\grandtotal.phtml

It has the following code:

<?php if ($this->includeTax() && $this->getTotalExclTax()>=0):?>
<tr>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right" colspan="<?php echo $this->getColspan(); ?>">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('tax')->__('Total Excl. VAT')?></strong>
    </td>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotalExclTax()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php echo $this->renderTotals('taxes', $this->getColspan()); ?>
<tr>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right" colspan="<?php echo $this->getColspan(); ?>">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('tax')->__('Total Incl. VAT')?></strong>
    </td>
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotal()->getValue()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php else:?>
<tr>
        <strong><?php echo $this->getTotal()->getTitle() ?></strong>
    </td>
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotal()->getValue()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php endif;?>

Any help much appreciated

Mal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change Tax text to VAT

Resolved Turns out on line 78 of app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax\checkout\tax.phtml

<?php else: ?>
        <?php echo $this->getTotal()->getTitle() ?>
<?php endif;?>

I just commented out the echo part.... and replaced with VAT

This might NOT be the correct way, but at least everything says VAT and NOT Tax Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Change Tax text to VAT

Resolved Turns out on line 78 of app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax\checkout\tax.phtml

<?php else: ?>
        <?php echo $this->getTotal()->getTitle() ?>
<?php endif;?>

I just commented out the echo part.... and replaced with VAT

This might NOT be the correct way, but at least everything says VAT and NOT Tax Smiley Happy