cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product hides out of stock version

Configurable Product hides out of stock version

Hi,

Magento hides a color if it not in stock, is there a way to make it show the color, but also show that, the perticular color is out of stock?

For example: I have a product on my page, which comes in 3 colors, black, pink and purple... I have one of each in stock and magento will show all three options as it should.. But then someone orders the black one, and after that, the black version is hidden. I would like it to stay visible, but showing it is out of stock currently, but purple and pink are in stock... Is this possible?

I've tried installing a "custom stock label" extension, which works great on simple products, here I can let people
Know, that the item is not in stock but if ordered, then it will be delivered within 3 days... But it does not work with configurables, since they are hidden if they are "out of stock"...

Anyone know how to get around this?

Sorry for my poor English...
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Configurable Product hides out of stock version

Also, if the product version isn't showing, even though it's not in stock, then my customers might think that I don't sell that color which is clearly not something I want

Can you check how is configured this value?

System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Inventory -> Stock Options -> Display Out of Stock Products

Maybe you're hidding out of stock products.

Hi Damian,

"Display Out of Stock Products" is set to "Yes" - So it is not that :-(

Edit: Also, simple products that are not in stock will show up as "Not in stock" on frontend, but when it's a configurable product version, then it'll just dissappear.

Did you ever get a solution for this? I have the same issue.