Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouped Products Pricing Positioning

SOLVED

Grouped Products Pricing Positioning

Hello,

Have some layout issues with Grouped products:

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/cramer/cold-spray-451.html

The two simple products are listed above the brand logo and product description. How do I move them them down below the logo and description? Also, the +/- is missing beside the quantity increment as per here:

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/cramer/back-support.html

Thank you for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Grouped Products Pricing Positioning

Hello,

This is because Qty width column isn't enough for input qty and +/- button. We need to increase width of qty column.

For example: increase to 20%, +/- float right

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello jeffgrech,

1. For changing the position of short description product:

Go to: template/catalog/product/view.phtml, find $_product->getShortDescription() and <?php if ($_product->isSaleable() && $this->hasOptions()):?>. You swap short description with table that may solve your problem.

2. Add the +/- for qty input, you find this template in your current theme or basecatalog/product/view/type/grouped.phtml

Hello,

The only problem is when I move the short description, the price of the item on other products (simple/configurable) gets moved down below the short description. Also, I opened the grouped.phtml, but cannot find how to add the +/- beside the quantity box.

Hello,

We need to check the product type id of grouped product: $_product->getTypeId() == "grouped", you revert back to the version before moving description, and then you add more this condition to your template, for example:

//If product type is grouped
		<?php if ($_product->isSaleable() && $this->hasOptions() && $_product->getTypeId() == "grouped"):?>
                    <?php echo $this->getChildChildHtml('container1', '', true, true) ?>
                <?php endif;?>

<?php if ($_product->getShortDescription()):?>
                    <div class="short-description">
                        <div class="std"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product, nl2br($_product->getShortDescription()), 'short_description') ?></div>
                    </div>
                <?php endif;?>

//If product type is not grouped
                <?php if ($_product->isSaleable() && $this->hasOptions() && $_product->getTypeId() != "grouped"):?>
                    <?php echo $this->getChildChildHtml('container1', '', true, true) ?>
                <?php endif;?>

For add +/- beside the quantity box, I think it isn't difficult. You add <div><p class="up">+</p><p class="dn">-</p></div> to below element html has class "input-text qty" in file catalog/product/view/type/grouped.phtml, for example:

<?php if ($_item->isSaleable()) : ?>
                            <input id="super_group_<?php echo $_item->getId(); ?>" type="text" pattern="\d*" name="super_group[<?php echo $_item->getId() ?>]" maxlength="12" value="<?php echo $_item->getQty()*1 ?>" title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape($this->__('Qty')) ?>" class="input-text qty" />
                            <div><p class="up">+</p><p class="dn">-</p></div>
                            <label for="super_group_<?php echo $_item->getId(); ?>" class="qty-label">
                                <?php echo $this->__('Quantity'); ?>
                            </label>
                        <?php else: ?>
                            <p class="availability out-of-stock"><span><?php echo $this->__('Out of stock') ?></span></p>
                        <?php endif; ?>

The plus/minus is working!

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/cramer/cold-spray.html

But is there a way to get it to look and display the same way it does here?

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/cramer/cinder-suds-bote-con-11-oz-312-gr.html

As for the positioning, I am getting a syntax error with the following code:

<?php if ($_product->isSaleable() && $this->hasOptions() $_product->getTypeId() != "grouped"):?>

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello,

I forgot &&

<?php if ($_product->isSaleable() && $this->hasOptions() && $_product->getTypeId() != "grouped"):?>

How do I get the +/- selectors to look like the ones here:

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/spenco/walkerrunner-replacement-insoles.html

And have them beside the quantity box instead of below it?

Thank you,

Hello,

For add +/- beside the quantity box, I think it isn't difficult.  You can add <div><p class="up">+</p><p class="dn">-</p></div> to below element html has class "input-text qty" in file catalog/product/view/type/grouped.phtml:

<?php if ($_item->isSaleable()) : ?>                            <input id="super_group_<?php echo $_item->getId(); ?>" type="text" pattern="\d*" name="super_group[<?php echo $_item->getId() ?>]" maxlength="12" value="<?php echo $_item->getQty()*1 ?>" title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape($this->__('Qty')) ?>" class="input-text qty" />
                            <div><p class="up">+</p><p class="dn">-</p></div>                            <label for="super_group_<?php echo $_item->getId(); ?>" class="qty-label">
                                <?php echo $this->__('Quantity'); ?>
                            </label>
                        <?php else: ?>
                            <p class="availability out-of-stock"><span><?php echo $this->__('Out of stock') ?></span></p>
                        <?php endif; ?>

Hello,

I tried that. If you look at the source, you will see it's there, but it's appearing under the text box.

http://s592549442.onlinehome.us/por-marca/cramer/cold-spray.html

Hello,

This is because Qty width column isn't enough for input qty and +/- button. We need to increase width of qty column.

For example: increase to 20%, +/- float right