cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is installing sample data required while I wish to use any free magento theme?

Is installing sample data required while I wish to use any free magento theme?

I need to build a magento website using one free magento theme. Should I install the sample data before installing the free magento theme?

Is the sample data must to install?  I am having some issue with sample data after I installed a free magento theme. That has disturbed my theme.

Another question is : I installed a free magento theme and its home page is not exactly like the theme I installed. I messed up the slider and jquery.  How can I install the theme exactly as it looks on magentocommerce.com theme section?

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is installing sample data required while I wish to use any free magento theme?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: Is installing sample data required while I wish to use any free magento theme?

1) There is no necessacity to install Magento sample data before installing a new theme. You can manually create a few products to see how do they look with your new theme.

2) After installing the new theme you have to set it in Magento admin as your default theme.

3) The newly installed free theme home page can be(surely) different then Magento default Home page.

4) How are you installing the theme, using Magento connect or Manually?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Thank you for your reply. I am installing magento using MagentoConnect.