cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to move the cookie notification from the footer to the header?

SOLVED

Is there a way to move the cookie notification from the footer to the header?

I'm using CE 1.9 with the default rwd skin.

I don't find the default position of the cookies notification to be very useful. It needs to be seen as soon as a customer lands on the site; not hidden away down after the footer.

How can I move it to the top of the page? Can it be floating at the bottom of the screen independent of the page position?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to move the cookie notification from the footer to the header?

That works, but .global-site-notice also controls the demo notice. So I've added

.notice-cookie {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 0;
  width: 100vw;
}

around line 9868 of skin/frontend/rwd/default/css/styles.css, and temporarily set it to be at the bottom of the screen until I disable the demo notice.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is there a way to move the cookie notification from the footer to the header?

Hello,

I guess it's only css issue. Could you share url of your website and I'll try to help.

Thanks.

Yeh I'm just having trouble finding the relevant part in the CSS

It's www.moeller-drives.co.uk/magento

You need .global-site-notice in skin/frontend/rwd/default/css/styles.css:1506

Add there something like: position: fixed;top: 0;width: 100vw;

Kind Regards,
Art Malkovich - Onilab

That works, but .global-site-notice also controls the demo notice. So I've added

.notice-cookie {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 0;
  width: 100vw;
}

around line 9868 of skin/frontend/rwd/default/css/styles.css, and temporarily set it to be at the bottom of the screen until I disable the demo notice.

Thanks for your help.