cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo

Logo

Hi all, hope I am posting in the right place. This is my first time using Magento, the first thing I have tried I have stummbled on, The logo, I have tried to change the logo, as per instructions on line but I just keep ending up with a text link instead of the image I have uploaded.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Logo

@toastedone Hi there and welcome to the Magento forums,

The logo is set in the configuration, go to: System > Configuration > Design > Header. You will see the Logo Image Src field there. An example of the value of this field would be images/logo.gif

Magento will be looking for this file in your active theme that is set under: System > Configuration > Design > Package and System > Configuration > Design > Theme

So if your package is set to mypackage and your theme mytheme, Magento will be looking for the logo here:

skin/frontend/mypackage/mytheme/images/logo.gif

You can read more about theme fallback here: http://info2.magento.com/rs/magentoenterprise/images/magentodesignguide.pdf

If this has helped please feel free to mark this post as a solution.

If you're happy with this response - please mark it as a solution!
Magento Certified Front-end Developer | www.iweb.co.uk

Hi. I am having the same issues.  I installed Magento-foundation (was having the same issue with default before I installed other template)

This path you mention below:  

Magento will be looking for this file in your active theme that is set under: System > Configuration > Design > Package and System > Configuration > Design > Theme  

What I see in my Admin is  System>Configuration>Design,  then there are 8 sub headings "Package", "Themes", "HTML Head", "Header", "Footer", "Product Image Watermarks", "pagenation" and "Transactional Emails" .  When I go into header there is only a text field looking for a path for the logo. documentation states it pulls from an image folder in: http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/design/logo-upload.html  - app/design/frontend/[vendor]/[theme]/web/images/logo.svg

My problem is.... I do not have any type of image folder in any of the frontend folders. I went through 4 sub folders for magento-, default and two others and there is not ONE folder labelled images in any of the themes under app/design/frontend.  Perhaps this is my issue.  But I would expect a simple upload logo button in the GUI on "HEADER" in the design page of the admin panel.

Can anyone assist?  I try not to mess with the code and through Magento might be easy enough to use that way.  I just installed two days ago and cannot solve this issue.  I aslo am trying to get the promo images from the foot suppressed and its pulling a promo image in right side bar that I cannot find ANY control for as well.  Is this common for Magento?

Thanks,

Stephen

forgot to add, I am using 1.9.2.2 

Hi Stephen, looks like you are using Magento 2. My answer was only for Magento version 1 so will not apply to you. Have a read through the Magento 2 dev docs, it seems like you have been reading the right resources. Thanks.
If you're happy with this response - please mark it as a solution!
Magento Certified Front-end Developer | www.iweb.co.uk

This is not a reply, it's mostly a Me Too to what Stephen said.  I hope that "reply" is better than starting a new topic.

I'm using Magento Standard version 1.9 2.1 . According to the Magento tutorial Getting Started > Basic Configuration > Storefront Branding > Uploading Your Logo --

"On the server, copy your new logo file to the images folder of your theme. For example: skin/frontend/base/default/images/logo.gif"

Two question:

1. WHERE is the image folder of my theme?

2. That path -- skin/frontend/blahblahblah -- how do I even get there? I tried pasting it in the search bar and in several different fields. Nothing happened and I went exactly nowhere.

Brand new newbie who installed Magento 2 days ago. I'm going through the tutorials and so far have hit two impasses. I don't want to go forward until everything works.  I have zero background coding.