cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible JS bug - rwd theme? Products in category view.

SOLVED

Possible JS bug - rwd theme? Products in category view.

Hello, I've done something to my store but I'm not entirely sure what I've done to my theme. From what I can see it is set up to show 4 products per row, but for some reason its not doing this and only showing 3 with the 4th product dropped down. E.g. (Web link remove) I can't seem to find which file it is that is stopping the 4th product from being on the same row. The images have enlarged and become blurry. Also I seemed to have lost my product labels, but they appear when within product view.

I've looked around the web and the nearest thing I think is similar is this:

But I'm having problems in Chrome, firefox and IE.

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/41863/products-grid-layout-bug-magento-1-9-1-ce-in-safari...

Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Sorry - I am using version - 1.9.2.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Possible JS bug - rwd theme? Products in category view.

Hello All.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I figured out the problem. There was a duplicate file for another extension in the Theme folder and in the default folder which was throwing category listing out completely.

However I've learnt about the debugging mode so all is not wasted. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

Using template path hints you can easily find your template path files.
Login to admin pannel and under
- System -> Configuration
- Change the “Configuration Scope” to “Default Store View” (or whichever store view you want to see template paths on)
- Under Advanced in the left menu click Developer
- Click “Debug” to expand that section
- Change “Template Path Hints”  to "Yes"
- Click Save Configuration
Now to refresh the front-end and see all the locations of the template files so you can easily modify the correct ones.
Hope it will helps you.

To see those options you should use either store level scope or store view level scope using "Current Configuration Scope" (top left corner). It's not there when you use "Default Config" scope.

Tanel Raja

Hi,

Sorry I figured that out about 10 mins after I replied back.

From my understanding shouldn't a category page also pull in file:

frontend/rwd/default/template/catalog/products/view.phtml

But I don't see this within the debug view? Am I missing something?

No, this file is purely for product view page. You want to check frontend/rwd/default/template/catalog/products/list.phtml for category view template code.

Tanel Raja

I've checked the file and looks fine, compared it with the original from a fresh mageneto download and there isn't any difference (bar my labels code). I even replaced the file with the original and refreshed all cache but still the same outcome.

I don't understand why its not going back to default 4 products per row as per the rwd theme. Any ideas?

____

Right I've now managed to get the desired layout by amending CSS BUT my product labels don't show. When I click into the product view they appear. I've checked the list.phtml file to ensure the code is correct from a backup I took a couple of days ago when it was working fine. But its not being pulled in.

If I don't find it then I may have to resort to a fresh install of magento which is the last thing I want to do. Thanks for the tips so far.

Hello All.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I figured out the problem. There was a duplicate file for another extension in the Theme folder and in the default folder which was throwing category listing out completely.

However I've learnt about the debugging mode so all is not wasted. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Hello. I am having the same problem with the rwd template and been wrecking my brain for a couple days trying to resolve it. Would you mind sharing what duplicate files you found and where? I have the exact same issue where no matter if I set columns to 3 or to 4 the last image in the row always appears on the line below.

Thank you kindly.

Hi, it may depend on your extension but the files that were causing the problem for me were located in:

app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/[extention folder]

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/[extention folder]

Hope this helps Smiley Happy