cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Empty Attributes?

Removing Empty Attributes?

Hi,

I'm using Magento version 1.9.3.4. How can I stop attributes showing at all instead of it saying NO/N/a there's no attribute attached to a product? 

Kind regards

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Removing Empty Attributes?

Try going to the Manage Attributes interface in admin and finding the attributes you wish to hide.  Then change the "Visible on Product View Page on Front-end" setting to no. 

http://docs.magento.com/m1/ee/user_guide/catalog/attribute-frontend-properties.html

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Would this not hide the attributes on the products which do have those attributes though?

Ah, sorry I missed that requirement. The easiest way to do this is to edit the template or block to not output the row of the table of it’s not got a positive value.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Sorry how do I do that? kind regards?

This is the line that outputs the product attribute table values: https://github.com/OpenMage/magento-mirror/blob/magento-1.9/app/design/frontend/base/default/templat...

----

HI, I've just noticed the theme I applied the coding is the below? Do I need to add anything to the code?

<?php

/**

* @package     artichoke

* @copyright   Copyright (c) 2010-2015 MeigeeTeam. (http://www.meigeeteam.com)

*/

/**

* Product additional attributes template

* @see Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes

*/

?>

<?php

$_helper = $this->helper('catalog/output');

$_product = $this->getProduct()

?>

<?php if($_additional = $this->getAdditionalData()): ?>

<h2><?php echo $this->__('Additional Information') ?></h2>

<table class="table table-responsive table-bordered" id="product-attribute-specs-table">

<tbody>

<?php foreach ($_additional as $_data): ?>

<tr>

<th class="label"><?php echo (Mage::app()->getLayout()->checkVersion('1.7.x.x') ? $this->htmlEscape : $this->escapeHtml).($this->__($_data['label'])) ?></th>

<td class="data"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product, $_data['value'], $_data['code']) ?></td>

</tr>

<?php endforeach; ?>

</tbody>

</table>

<script type="text/javascript">decorateTable('product-attribute-specs-table')</script>

<?php endif;?>

HI, I've just noticed the theme I applied the coding is the below? Do I need to add anything to the code?

<?php
/**
* @package artichoke
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2010-2015 MeigeeTeam. (http://www.meigeeteam.com)
*/

/**
* Product additional attributes template
* @see Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Attributes
*/
?>
<?php
$_helper = $this->helper('catalog/output');
$_product = $this->getProduct()
?>
<?php if($_additional = $this->getAdditionalData()): ?>
<h2><?php echo $this->__('Additional Information') ?></h2>
<table class="table table-responsive table-bordered" id="product-attribute-specs-table">
<tbody>
<?php foreach ($_additional as $_data): ?>
<tr>
<th class="label"><?php echo (Mage::app()->getLayout()->checkVersion('1.7.x.x') ? $this->htmlEscape : $this->escapeHtml).($this->__($_data['label'])) ?></th>
<td class="data"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product, $_data['value'], $_data['code']) ?></td>
</tr>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</tbody>
</table>
&lt;script type="text/javascript">decorateTable('product-attribute-specs-table')&lt;/script&gt;
<?php endif;?>

It will be much the same. Inside the for loop, you will want to check the value of $_data['value'] and only output lines within the for loop if they're not equal to N/A or false. 

----

I’ll take a look though I’m not sure I’m able to do that. I think it’s something outside of my skills.