cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific term not being translated

SOLVED

Specific term not being translated

Hello there,

I have had a few translation problems recently. But were able to fix them.

Either through the core_traslation, or the locale files, or through the translate.csv.

The recent corrections, the method that worked was adding the term to the translate.csv.

However, there's a specific term in my page that I can't get it to translate.

On a Category page, on the left side, where there's the menu listing the subcategories, there's the word "Categories" written in english. I can't get it to translate, despite having added it to the translate.csv and the locale files. This specific translation doesn't appear in the core_translation.

Is there any place I haven't looked to get this word translated?

My version of Magento is 1.9.2.2.

Screenshot:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Specific term not being translated

Hello,

Smiley Sad I have a mistake. Maybe you don't put "Categories" into $this->__('Your text here'), so your item cannot be translated. You should enable Template Path Hint to find where the word "Categories" occupies. Your find this word in your template files.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

You search through your current template the word: "Categories". I think we cannot translate this word because it use doesn't use $this->__('Categories'). We should put it in $this->__()

Hello MrKhoa99,

Thank you for replying my question.

I looked around but, where exactly do I replace that line of code you mentioned?

The $this->__('Categories') .

As in, is it a file? Or a command line?

I apologize for the cluelessness.

Hello,

Smiley Sad I have a mistake. Maybe you don't put "Categories" into $this->__('Your text here'), so your item cannot be translated. You should enable Template Path Hint to find where the word "Categories" occupies. Your find this word in your template files.

Hey!

We got it!

With the $this solution.

The Template Path Hint also helped pinpointing the file.

Thank you very much!