Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch blocks on home page?

SOLVED

Switch blocks on home page?

Hello,

I need a little help Smiley Happy

On my homepage I have a block of text and the "New products" block, and I want to switch the positions of these two blocks, so that the "New products" block is before the text.

I have tried to explain in this picture:

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/showImage?img_id=896688

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switch blocks on home page?

I finally figured it out.

I added the following code before the text in CMS -> Pages -> home -> Content

{{block type="catalog/product_new" column_count="4" products_count="40" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

Then there was two "New products" block - one before the text (the one I just inserted), and one after, which I removed from CMS -> Pages -> home -> Design

Thanks for all the help Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

I cannot access your attached image!

There are two points I suggest for you:

+You find the xml layout template of new product block: CMS > Pages > choose Home page > choose tab Design > you will see template of  "New Products" block.

+You can find this template under base package: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalog/product/new.phtml

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hello MrKoa99,

I have uploaded the screenshot to imgur instead, can you see it here:

http://i.imgur.com/ubay2wO.jpg

I have looked in those places, but I don't know what to change to move the "New products" before the text block.

Hello,

You go to CMS > Pages > choose Home page > choose tab Design. You can post the xml layout in Design section here?

Yes, here it is:

<reference name="head">
            <action method="addItem" ifconfig="sales/msrp/enabled"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/msrp.js</name></action>
</reference>
<reference name="content">
	<block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml">
		<action method="setColumnCount"><columns>4</columns></action>
		<action method="setProductsCount"><count>30</count></action>
		<action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action>
	</block>
	<block type="core/template" template="catalog/msrp/popup.phtml" name="product.tooltip"></block>
</reference>

Hello,

You also post the Content tab here?

You know how to enable Template Path Hint in Magento?This block may be occupied on templates file.

Yes, the Content section is where the text is inserted.

I doesn't understand the last part of your reply - "This block may be occupied on templates file"

I finally figured it out.

I added the following code before the text in CMS -> Pages -> home -> Content

{{block type="catalog/product_new" column_count="4" products_count="40" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

Then there was two "New products" block - one before the text (the one I just inserted), and one after, which I removed from CMS -> Pages -> home -> Design

Thanks for all the help Smiley Happy