cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove add cart,add to wishlist and add to comppare link for particular product

how to remove add cart,add to wishlist and add to comppare link for particular product

Hai,

How to disable or remove the add cart button and add to compare and add to wishlist link for particular product.

if any option or extensions are there..if you know plz inform me.

i used magento 1.8.1 and apache server

can you help me..? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: how to remove add cart,add to wishlist and add to comppare link for particular product

Hello,

You want to remove these links on product listing page?

+Add to wishlist link: System > Configuration > CUSTOMERS > Wishlist> Enable > No

+Add to compare: try this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29273347/disable-add-to-compare-button-in-magento

+Add to cart button: you can do the same with Add to compare, or use this extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/hide-add-to-cart-button.html

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Re: how to remove add cart,add to wishlist and add to comppare link for particular product

hai..

Thank you for your response..

i found this solution only for hide price and add cart button for particular product.

Using call for price extensions to hide price and add cart button for whatever product to be hide.

but cant able to hide add wishlist and add compare link for particular product

if any one know to hide add compare and add wishlist link for particular product plz help me

Hello @prema92

Have you managed to figure out how to hide add to compare and wishlist for particular products?

As I understand, you are using some hide price extension. you can check its settings as it may solve your question. For example, our Hide Price mod helps to hide prices as well add to compare/wishlist on a product basis.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

I have chosen for editing the file list.phtml in the template (remember, never the original!)

location: app/design/frontend/default/your chosen template/template/catalog/product

By removing the lines for short description, wishlist, compare I have greatly reduced the amount of shown data.

<ul class="add-to-links">

<?php if ($this->helper('wishlist')->isAllow()) : ?>

<li><a href="<?php echo $this->helper('wishlist')->getAddUrl($_product) ?>" class="link-wishlist"><?php echo $this->__('Add to Wishlist') ?></a></li>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($_compareUrl=$this->getAddToCompareUrl($_product)): ?>

<li><span class="separator">|</span> <a href="<?php echo $_compareUrl ?>" class="link-compare"><?php echo $this->__('Add to Compare') ?></a></li>

<?php endif; ?>

</ul>

for add to cart, remove:

<?php if($_product->isSaleable()): ?>
                        <p><button type="button" title="<?php echo $this->__('Add to Cart') ?>" class="button btn-cart" onclick="setLocation('<?php echo $this->getAddToCartUrl($_product) ?>')"><span><span><?php echo $this->__('Add to Cart') ?></span></span></button></p>
                    <?php else: ?>
                        <p class="availability out-of-stock"><span><?php echo $this->__('Out of stock') ?></span></p>
                    <?php endif; ?>

Remember, this wil also remove the mentioning of 'out of stock

Also, when showing List and Grid you have to remove all these lines twice

Using an extension for this is way overkill. Use simple CSS.

For example. On the Madison theme to hide the Add to Cart box all you would do is .add-to-cart {display:none;} to the products styles. You can either place this inline on the product description with <style>.add-to-cart {display:none;}</style> tags OR you can load up a custom css file for specific products OR you could manage inline styling with the static block/widget system. 

If you are going to have more than a couple of these going on at a time you can remove the Add to Cart call from the product templates and load that custom template.

Honestly tho, if its on one product. Its like 20 chars and done. No need for an extension or editing templates.

The same can be done for the wishlist or whatever. Use CSS unless you want it done on a massive scale.