cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there anyway to hide or encode the source code in magento?

is there anyway to hide or encode the source code in magento?

hello

I want to know. Is there any way to hide or encode the source code of magento frontend?

i want to hide the theme name and its plugins name from the source code

will appreciate any help

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: is there anyway to hide or encode the source code in magento?

Hi @zubair56,

The best thing you can do is minify the CSS and the JS for your website.

By doing that, all the CSS stylesheets and JS files are compressed into one CSS stylesheet and one single JS file.

In order to do that, you have to:

1- Log into your Magento Admin Panel and navigate to System -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Developer.

1.png

2- Enable the CSS and JS merging

3.png

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hello @Gabriel Guarino

I did the same but still some following random url is showing in source code of frondend

http://xyz.com/magento/skin/frontend/theme_name/default/images/xyz.jpg

how i can remove these links from source code of frontend???

Hi @zubair56,

Those are the images from the theme. The only way to prevent that to happen is to change the name of the theme from your codebase and then update the admin configuration to use the new name theme.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

NB! Be aware of minyfing CSS and JS to one combined file this may and results in changes of Third Party modules and themes etc. that is not by Magento.

@Gabriel Guarino wrote:

Hi @zubair56,

Those are the images from the theme. The only way to prevent that to happen is to change the name of the theme from your codebase and then update the admin configuration to use the new name theme.

Best regards.
Gabriel

hello

i can't just change the theme name because theme name is tightly linked with Extensions which comes with the theme. If i change the theme name, the extensions will broke. 

I want to hide not only the theme name but the extensions names as well which came with this theme and branded tightly with this theme.

@ptomter wrote:

NB! Be aware of minyfing CSS and JS to one combined file this may and results in changes of Third Party modules and themes etc. that is not by Magento.

ya i know that, Minifying CSS and JS are not solution of my problem as well because this is not hiding the links in which the theme and extension name is showing

maybe i think there is noway to hide the theme name which i quite awkward thing because anyone will know which theme i am using and he/she will design same website like mine..... All my hardwork will be wiped out after that ... disappointing...