cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple stores display issue

multiple stores display issue

I have magento community version 1.9.2.0

I am using the computer store theme from buzzthemes.

I have an email in to them to ask this question as well.

When I go to the domain name that I set this up under to start with, I see the site I expect. 

When i go to the 2nd domain name I've added, I ALSO see the same site.

At the bottom of the page is a drop down that allows me to choose which store to see.

When I choose either store from this list, I see the store I expect (but the url has variables added to it)

If I then close my browser and go back to either domain name, I see it as expected with the url as expected (no variables added)

I got two ideas on this -

A) I'm a noob and set it up wrong (but I've read like 10 walk-thrus and none seem to point to the problem)

B) this theme takes over control of the domain mapping and I either need a new theme, or some directions from Buzzthemes. 

Anyone willing to give me a clue, lol?  Do I just need to pick a different theme?

I have one main website, 2 stores, and 2 store views total, which I hope to use the same product list with some removed, and the same checkout page.  I just want a different left menu on each section of my site. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: multiple stores display issue

Ok, so, I managed to get the other sites showing, but now I've managed to mess up the main site, lol.  I had it working under one domain name, and then wanted to change the main domain name.

I found the first problem I had was in the htaccess file.  This is how it is now:

SetEnvIf Host www\.mainsite\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=mainsite
SetEnvIf Host www\.mainsite\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store
SetEnvIf Host ^mainsite\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=mainsite
SetEnvIf Host ^mainsite\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

SetEnvIf Host www\.site2\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site2
SetEnvIf Host www\.site2\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store
SetEnvIf Host ^site2\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site2
SetEnvIf Host ^site2\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

SetEnvIf Host www\.site3\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site3 
SetEnvIf Host www\.site3\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store
SetEnvIf Host ^cheappower\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site3
SetEnvIf Host ^site3\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

SetEnvIf Host www\.site4\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site4 
SetEnvIf Host www\.site4\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store
SetEnvIf Host ^site4\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site4
SetEnvIf Host ^site4\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

SetEnvIf Host www\.site5\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site5 
SetEnvIf Host www\.site5\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store
SetEnvIf Host ^site5\.com MAGE_RUN_CODE=site5
SetEnvIf Host ^site5\.com MAGE_RUN_TYPE=store

When I go to the main site home page, it shows site4's home page.

I have a domain pointed at this that is not configured, and I see the page I expect to see when I type in the url for the main site's home page. 

all the other sites are showing the home page I hoped to see. 

I have been thru every setting I can to make sure that default config, main website config, and this store view's config all have the exact same settings in configuration, general, web and design. 

I have caching turned off, but have cleared it.  I have cleared my temp files.  I have tried a different computer. 

I have gone over the "manage stores" and all are identical.  I have quadruple checked my spelling. 

Where would you look next?