cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.9.3 search function error message

SOLVED

1.9.3 search function error message

I have (unfortunately) upgraded to 1.9.3. Now when I try to search I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Resource_Fulltext::getFoundData() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource/Fulltext/Collection.php on line 148

Is this something that will be fixed in the next version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1.9.3 search function error message

Hi @ozfiddler,

Upgrading Magento to the latest version is always a good idea. That is the best you can do, and if the alternative is applying all the patches if you decide to stay in the current Magento version.

Regarding your question, it seems that the upgrade hasn't been done correctly.

The reason why I say that is because the following method is not found in your Magento core:

Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Resource_Fulltext::getFoundData()

I just checked Magento 1.9.3 and that method exists on that class.

So, 2 things could be happening here:

• There is a app/code/local/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource/Fulltext class that is being used instead of the class from the core (local class override)
  • The upgrade has not been applied correctly and some classes are still from the previous Magento version

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ozfiddler,

Upgrading Magento to the latest version is always a good idea. That is the best you can do, and if the alternative is applying all the patches if you decide to stay in the current Magento version.

Regarding your question, it seems that the upgrade hasn't been done correctly.

The reason why I say that is because the following method is not found in your Magento core:

Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Resource_Fulltext::getFoundData()

I just checked Magento 1.9.3 and that method exists on that class.

So, 2 things could be happening here:

• There is a app/code/local/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource/Fulltext class that is being used instead of the class from the core (local class override)
  • The upgrade has not been applied correctly and some classes are still from the previous Magento version

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the quick reply, Normally I upgrade my Magento site very promptly but I noticed this time there were quite a few bugs and the latest advice seems to be to hold off and wait for the next version.

Anyway, you have pinpointed the problem for me... it was indeed a local file that was overriding the core file and causing problems. I have removed it and the search function is now working for me.

Many thanks!

Just to add some further information for others having the same problem.

The local file mod I'd made was to change the search function parameter to use AND instead of OR in the search.

To set this up again you will need to get a clean copy of the Fulltext.php file from the core code section. The lines you need to modify are at 351 and 373 (change OR to AND). Then upload this file to the local code section.

Hi @ozfiddler,

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that.

Local overrides are very common and they are an aspect to consider when upgrading Magento.

Best regards.

Gabriel

Hello!  THanks, work great Your solution!