cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 iternal error after updates

500 iternal error after updates

Hi

I tried to update / install security patches yesterday (not entierly sure if they installed or not) and ever since i get a 500 internal error when trying to load the admin loggin page.

The front end of the site seems to be running fine and im at a loss of what to try to sort the error.

Ive spent a few hours on google trying various suggested fixes...at first the front end wasnt working either but after logging in to my host i noticed i had the option to upgrade the php to a newer version which fixed the front end issue but not the backend......ive ran magento-check.php and everything comes back fine, also ran magento-cleanup.php so im assuming its not a permission issue.

I also tried replacing the htaccess with a fresh copy from a new download of magento and replacing app/design/adminhtml/default with fresh files as suggested elsewhere but still not joy.

can anyone shed any light one where the error could be coming from?

site is www.btidshop.co.uk

thanks in advance Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10

Re: 500 iternal error after updates

anyone any ideas?....still at a loss so had to take the site offline until its sorted :-/

Check the Apache or Nginx error logs, it could be something as simple as a bad function call in the upgrade. If the logs don't show anything I would rely on xdebug to see where the 500 error is happening. Give some data to work with or even details and I will keep helping :-)

did this get sorted out?

I need help with same issue trying to update a storefront 1.7 CE to 1.9.1.1

Do either of you have compilation enabled in Magento as this can cause it?

Also have you cleared your Magento cache manually by emptying the var/cache folder after installing the patch or upgrade?

Please post an output from your servers error_log in order for us to understand further what is happening.

--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi guys,

We need someone to make a few changes to our website. We are getting the 500 error. The site is http://www.dentamed-usa.com

Our email is dentamedusa@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I'm seeing this error on your page currently which is self explanatory:

Whoops, it looks like you have an invalid PHP version.
Magento supports PHP 5.3.0 or newer. Find out how to install Magento using PHP-CGI as a work-around.
--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

A check of the error log revealed that index.php did not have the correct permissions.  I set it to 0600 and the frontend fired up just fine!  logged into admin and reindexed the data.I read somewhere that for 1.9.2 all directories have to be permission 700 and all files 600.

You may need to take note though because if you run the Magento in-built backup feature, it may reset the file permission back to those which includes 666 and 777 which may cause the error again and you will have to reset it back to 644 and 755. And need to some changes in .htaccess file.