cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service temporarily available after upgrade to 1.9.3 on admin side

SOLVED

503 Service temporarily available after upgrade to 1.9.3 on admin side

Hi, I just updated my site to 1.9.3 from 1.9.2 using Magento Connect. I will list the status I saw after update.

1) After update front end was getting 503 service unavailable but was able to access the back end immediately after update

2) examined the file structure of site and saw maintenance.flag file in the root of site and deleted it.

3) exited back end admin

4) when accessing front end,  site was available

5) attempted to access the backend again and get following message

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1283002901934

What happened and why didn't getting rid of the maintenace.flag file  resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 503 Service temporarily available after upgrade to 1.9.3 on admin side

clear the cache and  sessions.  Easiest way is rm -rf * from shell in the var/sessions and var/cache directorys

If that doe not work, please look at the content of the referenced error log which will be located in the directory var/reports

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

same problem ...

clear the cache and  sessions.  Easiest way is rm -rf * from shell in the var/sessions and var/cache directorys

If that doe not work, please look at the content of the referenced error log which will be located in the directory var/reports

This solved the problem for me.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the advice but I do not see any way to access the shell from my hosting company's cpanel. Can someone tell me a good shell app I can run on my Windows machine.

ALso, my vars/logs folder is not storing the errors logs. I only see 2 files 1) system.log and the other exceptions.log

I will try and contact my hosting company and see if they can clear the cache for  it

I made a mistake  issued the command on the root, just deleted all the files in the site. thanks for the help though, think it would have fixed it.

hahahaah I know the struggle, I did just the same thing yesterday!