cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrade 1.9.2.3 i can't install extension on Magento Connect Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1

SOLVED

After upgrade 1.9.2.3 i can't install extension on Magento Connect Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1

Hello for all.

After upgrade to Magento v1.9.2.3 i can't install extension via Magento Connect. I got a message "Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1" . I tried to replace the code below in magento/downloader/lib/Mage/HTTP/Client/curl.php in line 377:

$this->curlOption(CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, 'TLSv1');

to

if(isset($var)){$this->curlOption(CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, 'TLSv1');}

But the message "Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1" in Magento Connect, keeps showing when i try to install any extension. How can i solve this?

Thanks lot Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: After upgrade 1.9.2.3 i can't install extension on Magento Connect Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1

Thanks for answered Rob, i replaced this code:

to this:

$this->curlOption(CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1);

and now it's working as well Smiley Happy. Actually, my Magento store 1.9.2.3 is running with that settings below:

CentOS 6.7
Curl 7.12.1
PHP 5.2.17

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: After upgrade 1.9.2.3 i can't install extension on Magento Connect Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1

This is a bug in Magento as it relates to centOS servers with older legacy curl programs. The best fix is described at:

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/73748/magento-1-9-2-unknown-cipher-in-list-tlsv1/73957#73...

One line change to a core file (unfortunately editing the core file is the best fix currently).

Thanks for answered Rob, i replaced this code:

to this:

$this->curlOption(CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1);

and now it's working as well Smiley Happy. Actually, my Magento store 1.9.2.3 is running with that settings below:

CentOS 6.7
Curl 7.12.1
PHP 5.2.17

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy