cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 1.9.2 update

CE 1.9.2 update

hi,

i updated my magento ce to version 1.9.2 with connect manager yesterday.

today, only the admin user can print pdfs (invoice, packing slips, receipts,..).

users in groups with custom permissions get an "access denied" error page, even if i give them all possible permissions.

if i give them "all" instead of "custom" group permissions, they can print again. how do i fix this?

i also have a problem with the "customers online" tab, it doesn't display any information except "session start" and "last activity".

all other fields (ip, last url) are n/a..

7 REPLIES 7

Re: CE 1.9.2 update

You have a third party module that has broken security and it cannot read the permissions assigned to it so it can function. This is due to the SUPEE-6285 patch included in the 1.9.2.0 upgrade.

You have two different paths to take on this, determine which module is causing the issue and a) contact the developer for a module update or b) manually patch the module per http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/73646/access-denied-errors-after-installing-supee-6285  and http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/73481/supee-6285-patch-what-has-been-changed/73631#73631

@aaa3 wrote:

hi,

i updated my magento ce to version 1.9.2 with connect manager yesterday.

today, only the admin user can print pdfs (invoice, packing slips, receipts,..).

users in groups with custom permissions get an "access denied" error page, even if i give them all possible permissions.

if i give them "all" instead of "custom" group permissions, they can print again. how do i fix this?

i also have a problem with the "customers online" tab, it doesn't display any information except "session start" and "last activity".

Hi, how did you update to 1.9.2 via Magento Connect,  went there and all my searches to locate it  brought up everything else but  the update?

@aaa3 wrote:

This post fixed this issue for me. Pay close attention to the location of the log, look in Advanced -> System not Advanced -> Developer log.

In the backend go to System -> Configuration -> Advanced -> System -> Log.

Then set "Enable Log" to "yes" instead of "Visitors only".

http://community.magento.com/t5/Version-Upgrades/No-IP-and-last-URL-on-Online-Customers-after-1-9-2-...

Dan Lewis
Lead Technician - Fix'D

@dfontana wrote:

Hi, how did you update to 1.9.2 via Magento Connect,  went there and all my searches to locate it  brought up everything else but  the update?

i pressed "check for upgrade" on the magento downloader page. this marks every package that has an available update and you can then choose the version with the "actions" drop down menus. "commit changes" starts the process, keep an eye on the output window below and DONT CLOSE THE PAGE until it's done. if you can't access the shop afterwards, you need to ssh in and delete/rename the file "maintenance.flag" in the shop's root directory. hope that helps..

@aaa3 wrote:

@dfontana wrote:

i pressed "check for upgrade" on the magento downloader page. this marks every package that has an available update and you can then choose the version with the "actions" drop down menus. "commit changes" starts the process, keep an eye on the output window below and DONT CLOSE THE PAGE until it's done. if you can't access the shop afterwards, you need to ssh in and delete/rename the file "maintenance.flag" in the shop's root directory. hope that helps..

Thanks, doing the procedure now,  says  Installing Magento 1.9.2.0 , does it stay there awhile?

@dfontana wrote:

@aaa3 wrote:

@dfontana wrote:

Thanks, doing the procedure now,  says  Installing Magento 1.9.2.0 , does it stay there awhile?

To update, it appears I upgrade  ok, did have to delete the maintenanc.flagfile.

But as additional info, when   Magento Connect  got to the message

Magento 1.9.2.0 installing, it appears  I either timed out and lost connection. I then opened another tab and went to my  magento site address and that yiled an Upgrade screen.

I clicked on download and it continued the  upgrade skipping the parts that wee already upgraded.

I then got the message that the upgrade completed successfully.

Thanks! That fixed it for me!