cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade to v1.9.4.1 on PHP7 Server

Cannot upgrade to v1.9.4.1 on PHP7 Server

All of the Magento installs we look after are now running v1.9.4.0 on PHP 7.2 servers.

With the release of v1.9.4.1 it is not possible to upgrade to it as the install fails.

Running the upgrade from the command line you get this:

Starting to download Mage_All_Latest-1.9.4.1.tgz ...
...done: 725 bytes
Error:
upgrade-all: Package community/Mage_All_Latest 1.9.4.1: requires PHP version >= 5.2.0 and <= 6.0.0 current is: 7.2.15

Why is a PHP 7.2 compatible package tagged as requiring <= PHP 6.0.0???

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cannot upgrade to v1.9.4.1 on PHP7 Server

Same experience here, have you solved this?

Not really, we keep dropping back to a PHP5 box to do our upgrades, push them into version control, and then test them on the PHP7 box.  

We're also disappointed that the DOS line end encoding in /cron.sh causes it to fail in bash on a linux box, so we have to convert it every time, but that's a different story :-)

Of course, there's probably a bugs wiki somewhere for these things to be reported, in triplicate, with example scenarios. But now that Magento is owned by a big company like Adobe I think it's up to them to do the leg-work rather than me!

What some folks have done is drop back to PHP v5.6.3.4 upgrade and then switch back to PHP v7

Hi @SteamDesk 

Can you try to upgrade the magento in manually. 

Thanks

Selva

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution
Thanks
SelvaKumar

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense.  Could you possibly review what you wrote and change it to an answer that is actually in English, rather than just post 6 English words in a bizarre order which doesn't really explain anything?