cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer recommendations

Developer recommendations

Hello, can anyone recommend a developer that would be able to convert our old 1.7.0.1 shopping cart to the new 2.X version?  I understand from reading some posts to this forum that its not going to bring over anything but the data, but I am the shopping cart owner and I have no skills at all for upgrading.  I would need someone capable of taking all from the current site and making it look and work similar on the new improved version.  Is there a developer that can be recommended for this type project?  Thank you, Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Developer recommendations

Hi @mjmelect

Well for this you need to refer the Magento Partner Portal Directory !

From there you can find all kind of Partner Agency - which have very good certified developer as well as professional developer as well , you can contact the agency for the same 

here is the link - https://partners.magento.com/portal/directory/?_token=5EYwQUM3LU8NWNc1EEjcGL-_uvqTpDZW&partner_type=...

hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @mjmelect,

Before starting the actual migration process, consider the following recommendations:

• Make a full backup of your Magento 1 store including all files, folders, and the database.
  • Create a clone of your Magento 1 store. Do not use the live store for Magento migration process.
  • Analyze your store. Keep what you think is necessary and delete the rest.
  • Check whether your current theme(s), extensions and custom code are compatible with the Magento 2.
  • Migrate the data from the cloned database of your Magento 1 store.
  • Remove outdated and useless data from the database. This includes logs, recently viewed products, compared products, etc.
  • To make Magento migration process as hassle-free as possible, install a fresh copy of Magento 2 on the same hosting server where your Magento 1 store is located.

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

If you still need help - contact me.

I'm a Magento 2 developer with more than 10 years of experience.

I helped several clients move their Magento 1 stores to 2.X version.

I'd be glad to help.