cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable product links gone in 1.9.2

SOLVED

Downloadable product links gone in 1.9.2

I found a major issue after upgrading to 1.9.2. Previously, in the customer account section under "My downloadable product" you got a list of all orders and a description containing a link to the purchased content, as shown below:

!! Link to pictures are removed by Moderator as the files doesnt exist anymore and results in error" / Ptomter !!

After upgrade, fist of all pagination is broken: even if you select 50 per page, it only shows one order. What's much worse, the links to the purchased content are gone! This is what you get now:

!! Link to pictures are removed by Moderator as the files doesnt exist anymore and results in error" / Ptomter !!

That's it, no links to the files. If you click on the only link there, the one under "Order #", you get some details on the order and a list of purchased files, but no links. So now customers have no way to retrieve their downloadable products. What's going on? Am I going to have to roll back in order to keep trading? This needs fixing!

* Update: I changed /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/downloadable/customer/products/list.html to the previous version and my normal grid is back, with correct pagination and links. I could try to compare the two versions and find the bug, but I'll leave that to the developers, assuming they read this forum. I suspect it's simply a syntax error, which would explain why the grid seems to break just before the actual link. Maybe something for 1.9.3? Now to figure out why transactional emails are no longer being sent, but that's for another thread...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Downloadable product links gone in 1.9.2

Problem I found was in file ./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/downloadable/customer/products/list.phtml

line 60, deep inside a very long line:

title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape(Mage::helper('downloadable'))->__('Start Download') ?>"

Might be hard to see, but above bolded ) need to be after 'Start Download') like so:

title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape(Mage::helper('downloadable')->__('Start Download')) ?>"

Looks to be fixed in 1.9.2.1

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ditto - there must be a syntax error - reverting this template fixes the issue.

Problem I found was in file ./app/design/frontend/base/default/template/downloadable/customer/products/list.phtml

line 60, deep inside a very long line:

title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape(Mage::helper('downloadable'))->__('Start Download') ?>"

Might be hard to see, but above bolded ) need to be after 'Start Download') like so:

title="<?php echo Mage::helper('core')->quoteEscape(Mage::helper('downloadable')->__('Start Download')) ?>"

Looks to be fixed in 1.9.2.1

I had this exact same issue in a 1.9.2.1 install with the October 27, 2015: New Magento Security Patch (SUPEE-6788) installed on it.

I found that the one-line fix described above solved the problem.

Hi, I have same problem. I update to 1.9.2.2 and the problem found.

Please, how can I solve this issue?

Thanks

@Joso970 wrote:

Hi, I have same problem. I update to 1.9.2.2 and the problem found.

Please, how can I solve this issue?

Thanks

See the post by @braindead0 above - that's the solution I used.

and turns out I was mistaken, this bug was not fixed as far as I know. Fix I noted should still work... anyone know if this bug has been reported yet? I tried finding a report without much luck.

EDIT: found http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/index/id/1143

Added notes to above bug, report wasn't terribly well written but mentions the file where this issue is at..

For Magento 1.9.2.2. this is still a problem in the file and the correct solution is provided here by braindead0

I'm also experiencing this problem as well.  When I install the accessshop lite theme through connect previously purchased digital products no longer show in the back end of the client account.