cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate Magento 1.9 to 2.2 using the data migration tool

How to migrate Magento 1.9 to 2.2 using the data migration tool

Hi everybody, I am Cuong, Welcome back to my Magento 2 tutorial video series.

#Magento2Tutorial #Magento2Upgrade #MigrationM1toM2

Today, I am going to show everybody the best practice, How to migrate Magento 1.9 to 2.2 using the data migration tool.

How to migrate Magento 1.9 to 2.2.png

As far as I know, Magento has developed the Magento 2 Data Migration Tool to help us efficiently move all of our products, customers, and order data, store configurations, promotions and more to Magento 2, however, there is not many peoples know how to use this data migration tool correctly. That is the reason why I do this video.

Before doing this practice, we need to know what this tool is supporting?

The Data Migration Tool transfers data from M1 database to M2 database based on a set of rules defined in xml files. To be clear, this tool only transfers data. Themes and customizations of your store can't be automatically changed or migrated to Magento 2.

The Data Migration Tool supports the following features:

1. Migrate Settings
This tool supports to migrate settings, websites, and stores to M2. Most of Magento data is related to websites and stores, so this needs to go first.

2. Migrate Data
This tool will transfer categories, products, customers, orders, wishlists, reviews and ratings, everything you can think of into M2. I believe we will even turn off some things, like logs or quotes.

3. Migrate Delta
After successful data migration, you can always just append new M1 entries to M2 database with delta migration, it will continue where it stopped last time. Delta doesn't migrate new or changed products or categories (at the moment of writing), only customers, orders, and similar customer related data.

In this practice, I will show everybody, the basic steps to migrate from Magento CE 1.9.2.3 to Magento CE 2.2.7 using the data migration tool, for the Magento versions 1.x other, you can do similar as the way I do in this video.

See the video about this lesson here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KPDePFyXZI&list=PL98CDCbI3TNvPczWSOnpaMoyxVISLVzYQ&index=47

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to migrate Magento 1.9 to 2.2 using the data migration tool

Considered to be the most advanced best technology platform for e-commerce, Magento currently occupies a large number of loyal customers from around the world.

If you are looking for the easiest Magento Migration Service This is the best option for you

your ecommerce data will be migrate securely and accurately

The price of migration start from $49 and depends on the number of entities you import to Magento. his migration service also offers a Free Demo Migration and 24/7 support to assist you.

hope was useful!

Magento, Inc. has developed a Magento 1 to Magento 2 data migration tool and integrated it into the core of the platform. It allows for a smooth transfer of your data from Magento 1 to Magento 2 without the fuss of a third-party extension.

Although Magento itself recommends users to migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2 at once, the best variant is to divide migration into several steps. This business approach is not only safe and secure but also gives you more space and time to make crucial development and design changes. Plus, developers can immediately notice and fix any bugs and incompatibilities which might otherwise turn into a giant snowball of errors.

The first step is to transfer products and categories, the customer database, extensions, and code. Then we expose any problems and bugs, polish the store, check the compatibility of the data with the tools, change the code, and adjust configurations. The second data migration, or delta migration, goes immediately before your Magento 2 shop opening. We migrate any recent customers and orders and do a final fine-tuning. It takes between 1 to 4 hours. During this time, the store is not operating. Customers see a scheduled maintenance message.

However, data migration is only a small piece of the huge process: you need to deal with theme and design, extension, hosting server, bugs, etc. Here, in this article, you may check out how to migrate Magento 1.X to Magento 2.X, you will know about the whole migration process.

When it comes to migration from M1 to M2, there are following elements you need to take into consider -:

• Do you need new creative design or not? (UI / UX)
  • Do you want to migrate all data from old store to new store?
    • Catalogue Data (Product, Category)
    • Customer Data
    • Order Data
    • Newsletter Data
    • CMS pages / blog
  • Do you want to build your theme from scratch or you have out of the box Magento 2 themes to be installed?
  • Do you have third party extensions which are available in M2 or not?
  • Do you have custom extension which required to be rebuilt in M2?

There is a great Magento 1 to Magento upgrade estimator which can help you compare the cost with your developer's cost and then you can make the decision.

Best of luck with your migration, hope things go well for you!