cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to go FROM Enterprise TO Community?

Is it possible to go FROM Enterprise TO Community?

This is probably a question that doesn't come up much, but I'm curious if it's something we can do.

We bought an Enterprise license, but given that we hardly got any help from Magento support (and most of my assistance came from these forums anyway...), my manager wanted to know if it's possible to switch to the community edition (without losing our store) so that we don't have to keep paying for a license.

And if so, what would we lose? The reason we went with enterprise to begin with was because we were told it was able to handle millions of products - but then again, the community edition can supposedly do that too, so I'm not really sure what the difference is besides the level of support.

We have EE 1.13.1, and have not updated to 1.14.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is it possible to go FROM Enterprise TO Community?

Hi @MDCMagento

As per my knowledge you can degrade to the Magento community edition from the enterprise edition.(It is better to rely on the response from Magento team related to this)
You have to follow certain steps and remove the all the enterprise edition related modules and functionality. 

For better clarity you should contact Magento Enterprise support  team.

@sherrie should be able to connect you to right contact person.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Hmm, alright.

What exactly does enterprise give that isn't in community? We probably aren't even using it, but is there a list somewhere of those modules?

Hi @MDCMagento, you can find a full feature list for Enterprise Edition here as well as CE Magento features vs EE features: http://info2.magento.com/rs/magentosoftware/images/Magento%20Feature%20List%2011.16.2015.pdf

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

OK, so it looks like the only thing we use that would be affected is the WYSIWYG content creator.  We aren't using any of the other stuff marked as Enterprise-exclusive.

Would the pages we created already stay the way they are? If so, I can live without the WYSIWYG editor.

How do I go about doing this?

there is nothing special in Magento Enterprise, only the price tag...

you can easily downgrade:

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=magento%20downgrade%20en...

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Hmm.  Looking at the first result:

"Go and download the archive and replace the files, but make sure you use the community edition version that your enterprise version was built upon."

Which version was Enterprise 1.13.1 based on? I know the version numbers don't match up exactly.

Hello,

Can I degrade from Community edition 2.2.2 to 2.1.x. Please confirm or provide any guide if possible.