cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with installing from Magento Connect

Issues with installing from Magento Connect

I am working on upgrading my site to 1.9.3.1. I have a development site that is on 1.9.3 and I can not install through Magento Connect. However on my production site that is 1.9.2.2 and the installation from Magento Connect works fine.

In research old versions of Curl came up as a possible culprit so I contacted hosting and they upgraded me to the most recent version of curl. Didn't solve the issue.

The next culprit was php. I currently use 5.4, so I upgraded the dev server to 5.5 and had the same issue.

This is the error I get-

• community/BalkeTechnologies_StoreMaintenance: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to connect20.magentocommerce.com:443

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issues with installing from Magento Connect

Hi @tylerr82

You say that the installation from Magento Connect works fine?! So is the problem upgrading Magento or is the problem updating the extension from Balke ? Don't quite understand whats the problem? Can you please clarify ? As stated in your other post if you are trying to upgrade Magento I would recommend you doing this via FTP,

And regarding the error "Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to connect20.magentocommerce.com:443" please check the forum guidlines  as the forum is full of similar problems, where many of them have different solutions, some of them are

- Updating PHP

- Updating CURL

- Firewall Problems

- Apache Settings  -  Settings regarding SSL -
- NGNIX Settings (if you have this)