cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mage 1.9.3.1 Catalog Price Rules + Flat Category/Product still not working properly

Mage 1.9.3.1 Catalog Price Rules + Flat Category/Product still not working properly

Hi there,

I have been stuck with this problem since my upgrade to 1.9.2.4 and it seems that the problem is still not resolved with 1.9.3.1.

If I were to set up a catalog price rule while Flat Category/Product is enabled, the following catalog price rule will cause the promotion to be applied to the wrong combination of products:

If ALL  of these conditions are TRUE :

The price rule will still apply to Category ID: 10, 138, and so on.

I see in Magento 1.9.3.0 release notes:

• With the flat product catalog enabled, a catalog price rule with multi-select attributes works properly.

However, the problem with the use of "is one of / is not one of" in Catalog Price Rules doesn't seem to be resolved yet, even in 1.9.3.1.

Every time I launch a promotion I have to do the following in order to get the rules to apply to the correct products:

1. Disable "Use Flat Catalog Category/Product"
  2. Apply the Catalog Price Rule
  3. Refresh the cache
  4. Check Price Rules was applied to the correct products
  5. Re-enable "Use Flat Catalog Category/Product"
  6. Reindex "Flat Catalog Category/Product" in Index Management
  7. Refresh the cache again as preventive measure

Before upgrading there will only be 3 steps involved:

1. Apply the Catalog Price Rule
  2. Refresh the cache
  3. Check Price Rules was applied to the correct products

Or alternatively you can just script the process through a cron job.

Hopefully these issues can be addressed.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mage 1.9.3.1 Catalog Price Rules + Flat Category/Product still not working properly

Hi @jasperthedummy I can confirm this same problem for my store and 4 of my customers also, perhaps @sherrie will pass a long the problem to the right instance, as this is a common problem.

Re: Mage 1.9.3.1 Catalog Price Rules + Flat Category/Product still not working properly

Hi @ptomter and @jasperthedummy, thanks for letting us know. You can report the issue here: https://magento.com/tech-resources/bug-tracking, just make sure you're logged in.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hi Sherrie,

Thanks for your reply. I will be posting the bug report soon.

Anyway, a word of caution for everyone reading this that plans to launch a Catalog Price Rule promotion that will apply to products using the "is one of / is not one of" options, you need to make sure that if you plan to run your promotion overnight, or even for a few days, you have to make sure you disable the "catalog_product_index_price_reindex_all" and "catalogrule_apply_all" cron jobs.

These cron jobs are configured by default to run at 1AM and 2AM respectively to re-index your product prices. If you re-enabled the Flat Product/Category indexes after applying your catalog price rule, having these cron jobs enabled will screw up your promotion while you're sleeping in bed. (Learned this the hard way) The price rule will be applied to the wrong set of products again even if you have made sure the price rules are applied correctly before the cron job ran.

Use the excellent Aoe_Scheduler extension by Fabrinzio Branca from AOE to manage or disable your Magento cron jobs:

https://github.com/AOEpeople/Aoe_Scheduler

Hi @jasperthedummy, did you manage to fix this, or got any replies on your ticket ?

"is one of " worked for me